Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil1961

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
Hi All - I am travelling to London, Paris, and Rome soon and was wondering what I need to charge an iPad and iPhone 5? I bought the Apple Travel Kit (does not support iPhone 5) and a USB International Adapter/Charger. Will that suffice? Do I need another converter? Thanks in advance for the help.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
The only thing you need is the plug adapters to fit the plugs in those countries. The bricks can handle the voltage difference.

JerseyDoug

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2012
[/COLOR]
The only thing you need is the plug adapters to fit the plugs in those countries. The bricks can handle the voltage difference.

This is correct. You don't need the voltage converter. Leave it at home.

My daughter spent last spring semester in London and travelled to several European countries with her iPhone and iPad.

From the Apple web site --

"The AC plugs included in the World Travel Adapter Kit directly support outlets in North America, Japan, China, United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Korea, Australia, and Hong Kong.
Please note. To use this kit with devices that use a Lightning connector — such as iPhone 5, iPad mini, and iPad with Retina display — you will need a Lightning to USB Cable, sold separately."

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
Hi All - I am travelling to London, Paris, and Rome soon and was wondering what I need to charge an iPad and iPhone 5? I bought the Apple Travel Kit (does not support iPhone 5) and a USB International Adapter/Charger. Will that suffice? Do I need another converter? Thanks in advance for the help.

You do not need a converter for any of apples chargers. They all run on 120 (US) to 240(EURO). I used a converter to charge my Macbook once before doing research and the converter burned up. I pulled 60W out of a 55W converter. You only need the adapter part for going into the plug of the country you are visiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.