Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterofpuppetz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
so i have the lotsawater screen saver, and it's installed, but no matter what i do, i can't get it to work right! i have the option to use a screenshot enabled, but it always makes the screen black before it comes on. any idea how i can fix it?

charlesbronsen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
Toronto, Ont
in the system prefrences when you are selecting screen saver make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list. There you will find all your custom screen savers.

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
I have the same problem and I think it is because I have password check enabled (so when I want to reactivate the computer, I have to enter my password). You as well?

charlesbronsen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
Toronto, Ont
"reactivate the computer" do you mean waking it from sleep? Is there a way to make it so i need a password to wake it from sleep? that would be nice

seano11

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2009
I have the same problem and I think it is because I have password check enabled (so when I want to reactivate the computer, I have to enter my password). You as well?

It's a security feature to keep people from reading your screen when your away. It would be great if there was a way to turn it off independently from password check.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.