Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:03 PM   #1
danpass
macrumors 68020

Handbrake won't process entire movie

I'm doing everything the same as I've done before in 097. (Still using 097)

The source folder (in this case video_ts folder of a DVD Shrink rip of a non-hd dvd video) shows up as 1h20m, 1-17 chapters for example.

I browse to create the file (using the atv2 preset)

And hit start. Everything I've done before.

But only 11 min gets rendered.

What simple thing am I missing?
danpass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Supernerd
macrumors member

A possibility is that you are not ripping the right title. Play the DVD in DVD player and play the movie. While the movie is playing, click "go" at the top of the screen and rollover "title" in the drop-down menu. See which title is checked. In Handbrake, make sure you are ripping the same title. Some DVD's have many different titles which are partial or erratic to prevent against ripping, because the ripping program might automatically select the wrong title, leaving people like you confused and frustrated.
Supernerd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:24 PM   #3
JohnnyComeLatly
macrumors member

Sounds similar to issue I had ripping a new dvd which has the 99 titles meant to confuse rippers. Does the DVD drive start to make really weird noises?

As mentioned, I used another app to find the chapter with the movie part I wanted and then went back to HandBrake to rip just that chapter.
JohnnyComeLatly is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video