Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefanboy5

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
If i bought the iPad Mini today do i have holiday return policy or will it have the ipad's normal 14 day policy? thanks.

radioking

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
If i bought the iPad Mini today do i have holiday return policy or will it have the ipad's normal 14 day policy? thanks.

The standard return policy is now 30 days, but you should have until Jan. 24 just by stating it was a gift.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Not sure about that BECAUSE e-readers, tablets, computers are 14 days after regardless if it is a gift. Anything else is 30 days.

Be careful because I remember returning a nook tablet last year and the customer service department said I just made it and I think it was right around the 10th of January. It was opened so another factor but I don't think that mattered either.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Not sure about that BECAUSE e-readers, tablets, computers are 14 days after regardless if it is a gift. Anything else is 30 days.

Be careful because I remember returning a nook tablet last year and the customer service department said I just made it and I think it was right around the 10th of January. It was opened so another factor but I don't think that mattered either.

Best Buy got rid of the 14 day. It's 30 for everything now and until January for everything right now.

msw323

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
thanks for the reply so is the ipad mini under the 30 days?

yes, if you bought today, you normally have until Dec. 14th to return it. But since it is the holiday period, there are extensions until the 24th of January I believe. YMMV, check with the store.

All I was saying is that if you are a Silver rewards member, you have 60 days to make the return at any time of the year.

radioking

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Normal return policy is 30 days.
Christmas "gifts" are until Jan. 24
Silver rewards members (spend >$2500 in a year) get 60 days.

No need to call. This is what it is.

Crabnbass

Oct 23, 2012
I was actually able to return my iPad 3 on Oct. 23rd after having it for 26 days. No questions asked, no restocking fees and my card was credited within 2 business days. Very positive experience.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Just returned my Mini WIFI today at Best Buy (decided to get the LTE version).

Wow, has Best Buy changed! They are AWESOME about returns. No hassle, no re-stocking fees, and let you return in a much longer time frame than even Apple.

I will be doing more shopping there, certainly for my Apple products!

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
Just returned my Mini WIFI today at Best Buy (decided to get the LTE version).

Wow, has Best Buy changed! They are AWESOME about returns. No hassle, no re-stocking fees, and let you return in a much longer time frame than even Apple.

I will be doing more shopping there, certainly for my Apple products!

I'm glad you had a good experience there! I sold 3 MacBooks today and heard similar comments from my customers :D

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
Best Buy has indeed changed, and for the better. Used to be kind of a miserable place to shop with its formerly stringent return policies and employees that didn't know what they were talking about and Geek Squad members who didn't know the first thing about how to interact with live human beings face-to-face.

I guess I can thank BB in a way for getting me to try Apple products. Back before BB sold them, I had numerous terrible experiences with the Geek Squad concerning PCs I purchased there. Eventually, I said screw it and explored my other options. Apple sucked me in with the purchase of a MacBook Pro and they've had me ever since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.