Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:49 PM   #301
reedmartin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Mangus View Post
Posted on Oct 28, 2011, 11:21 AM:

Posted on Mar 19, 2012, 06:22 PM:
Wow is that guy for real?
reedmartin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:53 PM   #302
slapple
macrumors 6502

Good job guys, see you at $750 later this summer.
slapple is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:16 PM   #303
Taz Mangus
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedmartin View Post
Wow is that guy for real?
If nothing else he provides a great deal of humor. Unfortunately, he does not realize how absurd his comments are in general.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:42 PM   #304
LagunaSol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wovel View Post
He was really just trolling. (Or shorting, but that seems a bit sophisticated). I am sure I will now get a warning message even though he called the whole forum stupid about a dozen times yesterday.
Unfortunately MacRumors never seems to have any interest in dealing with the real trolls. After all, trolls are good for traffic. Why, half this thread is made up of replies to the absurdities and firebombs posted by the very troll you mention.

Sadly it's those who call them out who end up on the naughty chair. Go figure.
LagunaSol is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:46 PM   #305
faroZ06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdunham View Post
Sigh. I understand where you're coming from IF you haven't bothered to read the start of this thread, which explains apple's word choice. You can like it or not, but it seems lazy to have strong opinions without reading the material. Sorry-- I'm probably reacting to kids in class who did this too often. Peace!
I read the whole OP and scanned the first two comment pages for "CPU". What is the reason for their word choice?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSol View Post
Unfortunately MacRumors never seems to have any interest in dealing with the real trolls. After all, trolls are good for traffic. Why, half this thread is made up of replies to the absurdities and firebombs posted by the very troll you mention.

I already got suspended for calling someone a "moron" who was blatantly trolling a thread. Don't worry; it's the internet! It's impossible to get banned.
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:30 AM   #306
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunasol View Post
unfortunately macrumors never seems to have any interest in dealing with the real trolls. After all, trolls are good for traffic. Why, half this thread is made up of replies to the absurdities and firebombs posted by the very troll you mention.

qft.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:20 AM   #307
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Just saw on CNBC that Exxon Mobile's profits fell 10% to $9.45B for the quarter. I believe that means Apple will have posted the highest quarterly profit of any publicly traded company this quarter. That just blows my mind. A technology company that makes a handful of products is the most profitable company in the world. Who'd have imagined that 10-15 years ago.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:36 AM   #308
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
Sure your head is perpetually spinning as you are not reading carefully....The world is active downloading and sitting communicating via overused gadgets losing social skills. Sure, it is a multitasking world for college graduates to work in the service sector sending resumes all night long trying to get one job per two diplomas. There you go for so much money. Over 10K vacant houses in Vegas, scarce jobs, the USD falling again today, get a grip pal. Apple does not oblige, they tell people what they need and the populace obliges. You are forgetting about the instrumental element. Where is the fun in it all?
No, I can read just fine. You just think you can spin like an NBA player and not get caught walking. Your rants are all over the place. It's more than obvious.

Too bad you live in the 21st century. Emily Post would appreciate your lament over the loss of social skills. I mean what kind of world do we live in today where men don't doff their top hat when greeting a woman, and women are not only allowed to drive, it's expected of moms!

Ha. ha.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:51 AM   #309
Burger Thing
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSol View Post

Best post of the day.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:57 AM   #310
Konrad
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa Chupa View Post
No, I can read just fine. You just think you can spin like an NBA player and not get caught walking. Your rants are all over the place. It's more than obvious.

Too bad you live in the 21st century. Emily Post would appreciate your lament over the loss of social skills. I mean what kind of world do we live in today where men don't doff their top hat when greeting a woman, and women are not only allowed to drive, it's expected of moms!

Ha. ha.
Chupa, on your reservation perhaps. Get off your horse, get a passport and see the world outside the trailer park.

P.S. I just noticed your little motto and It is my mistake to even respond to your posts. It is reminiscent of an idiot LA cop who ones told me "the beautiful thing about America is that you can leave it anytime". There is a novelty and so "exclusive" to the US. Well now, haha, this was in no doubt another imbecile Harry.

Last edited by Konrad; Apr 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
Konrad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:20 PM   #311
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wovel View Post
Since engineers have been mastering for the compression and headphone for the better part of ten years, it is in fact the way it is intended to be listened to by its creators..Good music is good wether or not you can perceive every nuance.

Getting overly caught up in the delivery method is just pretentious and has nothing at all to do with with music. A scratchy old Robert Johnson 78 pouring out of a portable record player is as much music as the London Symphony pouring out of a pair of B&Ws or Wilsons.
Good music is good music. I have some records with piano music that was actually recorded by holding a microphone to a radio some time in the 40's and the music is just outstanding. But that said, a good recording, not destroyed by compression (not the 256Kbit kind, but the make-it-as-loud-as-possible kind), played either on decent headphones or excellent speakers, has a quality on its own.
gnasher729 is online now   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:15 PM   #312
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to twoodcc Send a message via MSN to twoodcc
great job Apple! now update those macs!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:58 AM   #313
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
Chupa, on your reservation perhaps. Get off your horse, get a passport and see the world outside the trailer park.

P.S. I just noticed your little motto and It is my mistake to even respond to your posts. It is reminiscent of an idiot LA cop who ones told me "the beautiful thing about America is that you can leave it anytime". There is a novelty and so "exclusive" to the US. Well now, haha, this was in no doubt another imbecile Harry.
Aw. You can't rebut arguments so you have to settle for ad hominem attacks. So predictable.

BTW what is my "motto"? Are you referring to what is universally understood as a "signature"? All Mr. McCracken proffers in his article is that consumers are not forced to use iOS products so bashing it because of its walled garden is silly. Consumers are free to come and go as they please. It's quite an intellectual leap to connect that sentiment to something like "America, love it or leave it."
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:52 AM   #314
patsfan83
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHankwitz View Post
Cook would never buy AT&T. It doesn't fit their culture or business model. Usually the only reasons you buy other companies is to merge them into your current operations, or get their customers and shut them down. AT&T wouldn't fit into either of these scenarios.
You don't think Apple wants to be a service provider in the future? 5..10 years?It's the next logical step, control the entire pipeline.
patsfan83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion