Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Awesome! I can't wait to use this.

Do I sense a little sarcasm there, cause if not, "Go for it". But you might just be sorry, sometime in the future.

Wow, how convenient....for them. To own and use any and all photos on your iphone at their discretion. Just barely on the "questionable" side of seedy.

My sentiments exactly. A thinly-veiled grab at control over people's good, or sometimes embarrassing pictures, on a massive scale. Until they change the TOU, I'll pass.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
this is no different to apps like dropbox and google+which can only upload when active and for a short time in background, right? killed the facebook app and nothing uploaded when taking photos for me.

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Facebook says all the photos will be private. Facebook says lots of things about privacy.
I don't trust them!

Yes, private from other FB uses until you say otherwise, but still the "property" of FB now that they've been uploaded, yes?

And do you think people's pics will just sit there on FB's servers, waiting to be shared? Of course not! They will be using geotagging and face recognition software to gleen all sort of useful information about you, where you hang out, who you hang out with, the food you eat, etc.

This is Big Brother in reverse, and will be a valuable asset to government and law enforcement one day when FB willingly makes it available to these entities.

sheels

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
Someone mad would go for this. It may end up being very harmful. So, no thanks!

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Being that I'm not a huge Facebook fan to begin with, even though the app is installed on my iPhone, thanks but no thanks Mark.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.