Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which orientation do you use the most?

• Portrait

Votes: 45 37.2%
  • Landscape

Votes: 58 47.9%
  • About equal

Votes: 18 14.9%

• Total voters

acwyau

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2012
99% landscape, I prefer typing in that orientation and almost all my email is exclusively on my iPad.

S

syd430

Does whether its a mini or full sized ipad affect this?

Yes because the non-retina mini is effectively unusable in potrait mode (text-based sites in safari), whereas the retina iPads make potrait mode usable.

flight

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010
Yes because the non-retina mini is effectively unusable in potrait mode (text-based sites in safari), whereas the retina iPads make potrait mode usable.

Forgive me, it's difficult to detect sarcasm just from reading text (Unless I was able to read this from an iPad mini in portrait mode). It's not that bad, is it?

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
When I got my first iPad I thought I would use landscape almost all the time. Now I use portrait on my mini unless I'm watching a video.

S

syd430

Forgive me, it's difficult to detect sarcasm just from reading text (Unless I was able to read this from an iPad mini in portrait mode). It's not that bad, is it?

Yes its that bad. You can probably make out the words in most cases, but it's really terrible to look at. Landscape mode is fine though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.