Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jul 6, 2013, 08:03 AM   #1
IMSYE
macrumors newbie

Counter Strike 1.6

I'm a MacBook pro noob. I had to install Windows 8 on it because of work and since I'm on it I figured I'd install some windows only pc games. I installed CS1.6 on it, but I can't "configure it". When I open it, it basically just shows the top left of the screen with the guys face and that's it.

I probably have to adjust something in the command line when opening it so it can configure to my screen size or is not running properly because its 32 bit and im running 64bit windows 8?

Any help would be appreciated. I would take a SS but I don't know how to on windows 8 with an apple keyboard
IMSYE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Plutonius
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSYE View Post
I'm a MacBook pro noob. I had to install Windows 8 on it because of work and since I'm on it I figured I'd install some windows only pc games. I installed CS1.6 on it, but I can't "configure it". When I open it, it basically just shows the top left of the screen with the guys face and that's it.

I probably have to adjust something in the command line when opening it so it can configure to my screen size or is not running properly because its 32 bit and im running 64bit windows 8?

Any help would be appreciated. I would take a SS but I don't know how to on windows 8 with an apple keyboard
Can you change the compatibility mode for the program in Windows to XP ?

You also might consider getting CS:GO from steam. It's an updated CS that I'm sure works well under Windows 8.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:55 AM   #3
IMSYE
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
Can you change the compatibility mode for the program in Windows to XP ?

You also might consider getting CS:GO from steam. It's an updated CS that I'm sure works well under Windows 8.
I have csgo on my OSX. but I would really like to start playing 1.6 again

and I have no idea if I can change the compatibility mode, haha. that's why im asking you guys
IMSYE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 11:41 AM   #4
Dirtyharry50
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSYE View Post

That game is a Steamplay title now. You might want to just play the OS X version of it?
Dirtyharry50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games