Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 21, 2013, 03:16 PM   #1
tawcat
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
ATV and AirPlay

So far our cutting the U-Verse ties has been a good experience. For the most part everything is good and the wife is happy.

However, there are a few issues. Seems that Hulu Plus online and that on ATV are different. When my wife accesses Hulu+ via ATV her queue does not show; yet if she accesses it via her Airbook all her queue is intact. Is there a way to make both queues sync?

Other issue is with network shows. If we access lets say NBC.com and choose an episode to watch we get mixed results. Accessing and attempting to mirror (airplay) on my wife's Airbook, she gets video but no audio on the TV. If I attempt to access the same via my iPad using Plex, I get audio but no video on the TV.

Any suggestions?
tawcat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 04:42 PM   #2
DianeK
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawcat View Post
Accessing and attempting to mirror (airplay) on my wife's Airbook, she gets video but no audio on the TV.
Did you go to System Preferences>Sound and change the output to the ATV?
Diane
DianeK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 05:27 PM   #3
tawcat
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeK View Post
Did you go to System Preferences>Sound and change the output to the ATV?
Diane
Yes we checked all our preferences etc. Funny that with most programs that we airplay work fine. NBC and a few others just don't want to play fair.
tawcat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:02 PM   #4
Toltepeceno
macrumors 6502a
 
Toltepeceno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Martin Toltepec, Edo MX, MX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawcat View Post
So far our cutting the U-Verse ties has been a good experience. For the most part everything is good and the wife is happy.

However, there are a few issues. Seems that Hulu Plus online and that on ATV are different. When my wife accesses Hulu+ via ATV her queue does not show; yet if she accesses it via her Airbook all her queue is intact. Is there a way to make both queues sync?

Other issue is with network shows. If we access lets say NBC.com and choose an episode to watch we get mixed results. Accessing and attempting to mirror (airplay) on my wife's Airbook, she gets video but no audio on the TV. If I attempt to access the same via my iPad using Plex, I get audio but no video on the TV.

Any suggestions?
The only thing I can say is that I have atv3 and my queue shows. I did nothing to get it to show.
__________________
Only fanboys use the word "troll".
Saludos!
Toltepeceno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:02 PM   #5
tawcat
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Still having the issue of Hulu + queue not the same on computer and ATV, need help.
tawcat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2013, 08:59 AM   #6
tawcat
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Per the Hulu team: They are working on the queue issue. Only queue that will show up on ATV at present are the ones that are not "web-based" only.

Has not been a problem, my wife seems to be taking all this in stride so I'm happy.
tawcat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Beamer only for ATV or for other AirPlay devices too? patent10021 Apple TV and Home Theater 1 Mar 24, 2014 01:59 PM
Opinion on using airplay to ATV charlien Apple TV and Home Theater 10 Jan 17, 2014 10:08 AM
ATV to AP Express AirPlay not working Böle Apple TV and Home Theater 1 Nov 26, 2012 02:09 AM
Can I use an aTV as an airplay receiver? rrandyy Apple TV and Home Theater 12 Nov 3, 2012 12:09 PM
Airplay from Mac to ATV Experience d21mike Apple TV and Home Theater 5 Sep 22, 2012 07:42 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC