Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:32 AM   #51
kgapp
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4427 View Post
Improved for me today in Skokie. Got 7.5 instead of .5. So happy it's actually working.
On a separate but similar topic I find it a bit amusing that many of us are happy getting 7.5 Mbps from AT&T LTE when there are users in other cities reporting upwards of 50-60 Mbps from their AT&T LTE devices.

At least its no longer .5 Mbps and the service now appears to be operating correctly within the limitations of the current 5X5 LTE deployment AT&T utilizes in the Chicago market. I wonder how long before it happens again and AT&T continues to deny any knowledge of there being an issue...
kgapp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:41 PM   #52
eyhk
macrumors member

This is sad. I was looking forward to LTE speeds while visiting Chicago. Long story short, it's not only slower than the congested crappy dsl wifi here, it's also slower than HSPA+ back in mid missouri, abd that's just embarrassing.
eyhk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 03:26 PM   #53
petruccifan
macrumors newbie

ATT LTE is just god awful in chicago. currently downtown. My speedtest results are....

LTE

PING: 504ms
DOWNLOAD: .21Mbps
UPLOAD: *wouldn't even finish*

if I disable LTE, I get the following speeds

PING: 96ms
DOWNLOAD: .98Mbps
UPLOAD: .25 Mbps
petruccifan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 03:27 PM   #54
mpayne2k
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevBuckeye View Post
When I first got my iPhone 5 I was easily getting at least 20mbps down, but now I can't even get above 1mbps! I don't know why all of a sudden it has stopped being so fast, does anyone know if At&T is doing work on their network or is this just me whose having this problem?
As a side note my friend also has a iPhone 5 but he has Verizon and this problem isn't happening to him.
I was in the northern suburbs during christmas (gurnee area) and was getting about 11mbps down and 8mbps up on AT&T LTE. Generally had 4 or 5 bars in the lake county area while there and the speed was better than I get in Las Vegas.
mpayne2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone