Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:33 PM   #1
Vell843
macrumors member

How to get rid of icons in Safari on iOS 7

When you open up Safari in iOS 7, Hoe do you get rid of those four icons that always appear?
Vell843 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:35 PM   #2
5t3f4n
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vell843 View Post
When you open up Safari in iOS 7, Hoe do you get rid of those four icons that always appear?
Delete them from Bookmarks -> Favorites.
5t3f4n is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Vell843
macrumors member

Thanks! Now how do I add websites to my favorites? lol
Vell843 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:47 PM   #4
batting1000
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vell843 View Post
Thanks! Now how do I add websites to my favorites? lol
The action button at the bottom (the one with the arrow pointing up out of the box).
batting1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:52 PM   #5
Vell843
macrumors member

Thanks again!
Vell843 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 07:59 PM   #6
TrenttonY
macrumors 6502

I don't understand the difference between "favorites" and "bookmarks"?
TrenttonY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 08:04 PM   #7
C DM
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrenttonY View Post
I don't understand the difference between "favorites" and "bookmarks"?
Favorites is a subset of bookmarks that get displayed when you open an empty new tab in Safari for quick access type of purposes.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 08:46 PM   #8
5t3f4n
macrumors regular

Interestingly, bookmarks placed in Favorites on iOS 7 will appear in Bookmarks Bar on Safari in Mountain Lion.

They seem more similar to Top Sites to me.
5t3f4n is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:15 PM   #9
joejoejoe
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5t3f4n View Post
Interestingly, bookmarks placed in Favorites on iOS 7 will appear in Bookmarks Bar on Safari in Mountain Lion.

They seem more similar to Top Sites to me.
yes! i'm baffled as to why apple wouldn't just give us access to top sites. using manually created favorites is very backwards IMO
joejoejoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:50 PM   #10
ominx
macrumors 6502

Favorites is just the new name for bookmarks bar on iOS since there isn't a bookmarks bar. It should probably be changed on OS X too for consistency. But I also think it's funny to see the term return to browsers after years of exile when everyone tried to distance themselves from Internet Explorer.
ominx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:26 PM   #11
Nermal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ominx View Post
Favorites is just the new name for bookmarks bar on iOS since there isn't a bookmarks bar. It should probably be changed on OS X too for consistency. But I also think it's funny to see the term return to browsers after years of exile when everyone tried to distance themselves from Internet Explorer.
I think IE was actually the odd man out; Netscape was released before IE and it called them bookmarks. Not sure about Mosaic (edit: Looks like Mosaic called it the Hotlist).
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:48 PM   #12
YourHerojb
macrumors regular

It just seems silly that bookmarks on OS X and iOS would be connected at this level.

I deleted and edited favorites on my iPhone because I don't need things like Facebook, Youtube and Pandora when all of those have dedicated apps, and Pandora is flash based, so there's absolutely no point to have a direct link to that on an iPhone.

After editing favorites, now my whole bookmarks bar on my computer is torn apart after getting used to all the command numbers for my sites I visit.
YourHerojb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:03 AM   #13
5t3f4n
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourHerojb View Post
It just seems silly that bookmarks on OS X and iOS would be connected at this level.

I deleted and edited favorites on my iPhone because I don't need things like Facebook, Youtube and Pandora when all of those have dedicated apps, and Pandora is flash based, so there's absolutely no point to have a direct link to that on an iPhone.

After editing favorites, now my whole bookmarks bar on my computer is torn apart after getting used to all the command numbers for my sites I visit.
Another reason for it to be synced with Top Sites, aside from it being more similar and logical.
Wonder what the chances of this happening before final release are...

Besides, I know many users that have have a gazillion bookmarks and folders in their "Favorites" bar in Safari.
It makes startup a bit laggy on OS X, but could probably crash entirely on iOS.
5t3f4n is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7