Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 31, 2013, 02:43 PM   #51
StophMac24
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by parseckadet View Post
Because you don't want to deal with the idiots that respond to CL postings. I had four people flake out on me in a 24 hour span. These are people who I spent quite a bit of time going back and forth with negotiating price and agreeing on when and where to meet. Then I would text them before heading out to meet them to confirm everything just to have them change their mind or just fall off the face of the earth. All for $50 more than what Gazelle was offering for my old 4. Not worth the time and aggravation in my opinion.
Can't say I have ever had this kind of experience. I guess it depends on how you negotiate and the type of people that contact you.

With the exception of those first 2 scammers who contact you and ask for shipping and drop the whole dramatic story, selling on CL has been smooth for me.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 05:17 PM   #52
vmaniqui
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by parseckadet View Post
Because you don't want to deal with the idiots that respond to CL postings. I had four people flake out on me in a 24 hour span. These are people who I spent quite a bit of time going back and forth with negotiating price and agreeing on when and where to meet. Then I would text them before heading out to meet them to confirm everything just to have them change their mind or just fall off the face of the earth. All for $50 more than what Gazelle was offering for my old 4. Not worth the time and aggravation in my opinion.
this is true. i had an iPhone 4 in pristine condition that i am selling for $140 with all unused accessories and in a box. i waited too long as i could have gotten $180 at Gazelle. i said it's locked and she still wanted to buy it. after a day or 2 she texted me and wanted to get her money back as she can't unlock it. in fact she wanted to buy my 4S and 5. it's a good thing i didn't accommodate her. now it's just gazelle as i don't want to deal with all these drivings, texting and what nots. i know that Gazelle will get back at me once they received my phone with a low ball figure but that's how it is.
vmaniqui is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone