Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Miami
Because you don't want to deal with the idiots that respond to CL postings. I had four people flake out on me in a 24 hour span. These are people who I spent quite a bit of time going back and forth with negotiating price and agreeing on when and where to meet. Then I would text them before heading out to meet them to confirm everything just to have them change their mind or just fall off the face of the earth. All for $50 more than what Gazelle was offering for my old 4. Not worth the time and aggravation in my opinion.

Can't say I have ever had this kind of experience. I guess it depends on how you negotiate and the type of people that contact you.

With the exception of those first 2 scammers who contact you and ask for shipping and drop the whole dramatic story, selling on CL has been smooth for me.

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California
Because you don't want to deal with the idiots that respond to CL postings. I had four people flake out on me in a 24 hour span. These are people who I spent quite a bit of time going back and forth with negotiating price and agreeing on when and where to meet. Then I would text them before heading out to meet them to confirm everything just to have them change their mind or just fall off the face of the earth. All for $50 more than what Gazelle was offering for my old 4. Not worth the time and aggravation in my opinion.

this is true. i had an iPhone 4 in pristine condition that i am selling for $140 with all unused accessories and in a box. i waited too long as i could have gotten $180 at Gazelle. i said it's locked and she still wanted to buy it. after a day or 2 she texted me and wanted to get her money back as she can't unlock it. in fact she wanted to buy my 4S and 5. it's a good thing i didn't accommodate her. now it's just gazelle as i don't want to deal with all these drivings, texting and what nots. i know that Gazelle will get back at me once they received my phone with a low ball figure but that's how it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.