Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumorschamp

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2010
This is unfortunate if true! The google maps app on my pre-iOS 6 iPhone worked perfectly, after the update the apple map app is horrible. It shows my home almost 1/4 mile off (and in the ocean by the way!). I have 2 other map apps (google maps shortcut & GPS Drive) and they show my house in the correct location. The problem is Apple's map app.

Apple had made a few big time mistakes in the past year and if they don't change they will end up like Apple of 1995!

I remember when Apple Maps with Google API put my house in another state. These things will be fixed and worked out. It's not worth getting upset about.

chadley_chad

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2004
Nottingham, UK
No chance!

Apple don't give people what they want, Apple give people what THEY want (good or bad, usually the later when it comes to recent software updates!!!)

laomao

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
Apple will not deny approval. Unless, google is putting something in the app that they know apple will not allow.

Apple is almost desperate. I can foresee its stock price plunge if the sales numbers do not meet estimates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.