Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
I don't understand. This would be the best feature ever. Full screen pandora on my tv through Apple TV would be amazing. Why is there no pandora app? If I jailbreak it can I add one??

ttx336

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2011
I agree...

It would sure be great if we could have Pandora natively, I jailbroke my ATV2 with FireCore and installed XBMC and ran Pandora for a while but it required constant updating and it is all done via ssh, it's a real PITA and I finally abandoned it because unless some kind soul posts a link to a repository with the proper files I am struck, as is the case presently. I am considering Google TV via Logitech at this point.

kfergiez

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
Why don't you just airplay Pandora to atv?

I hate this reply to every limitation to the ATV.

So. Here's the answer: Because I don't want to have to navigate through my computer just to play pandora, non-mp4 files, or any video files stored on my NAS. Why not just make the ATV able to play multiple file types from multiple destinations. It would be much easier.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK

So. Here's the answer: Because I don't want to have to navigate through my computer just to play pandora, non-mp4 files, or any video files stored on my NAS. Why not just make the ATV able to play multiple file types from multiple destinations. It would be much easier.

if you want that then the appletv is not the product for you.
rather than trying to change a product to suit you, just buy a product that already does what you want.

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008

Uh the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad all allow you to airplay pandora. I have used pandora on my atv for a couple of years.

kfergiez

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
if you want that then the appletv is not the product for you.
rather than trying to change a product to suit you, just buy a product that already does what you want.

If I did that, the product doesn't exist. I would LOVE to AirPlay from my phone, computer. The only product that does that is the ATV.

I would also love to play any file type to my television from my NAS but I can't. Lame.

----------

Uh the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad all allow you to airplay pandora. I have used pandora on my atv for a couple of years.

Jailbreaking is the awesome thing. I can play any file format I like, WITHOUT having to airplay. I just find it odd that the only half-assed solution to playing any format other than .mp4 is
"well, log onto your mac and airplay the movie... but if you need to pause the movie or rewind it because you had to pee or get more popcorn you have to walk back to your computer or fiddle with your iPhone to do that instead of just using the damn remote."

danbeckemeyer

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
I have to say that I have been AirPlaying Pandora from my iPad/iPhone to solve this missing feature. It's not the most convenient and is actually a bit of a burden as I was required to turn the sleep mode off on the ATV to prevent a time-out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.