Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Everyone's saying Apple is slowing, go ahead and buy the GS4 when it is released and see for yourself. The OS is not as polished, popovers and menus fly everywhere, the Back button takes you to places you don't intend to go to, and so on. Then maybe you will decide which OS is better.

Samsung has successfully garnered attention by painting Apple as the old and stagnant, and you seem to agree with that.

I had one for three weeks, and to be honest the only reason I did not keep it, was not for what you said, but for the fact that I am all Apple even my email account, so until I make my decision to switch my email account I am staying with my IP5. Unless you have owned an SGIII I would not take your comments as having any value simply because I never had an issue with the Back button, their OS is smooth and quick and the phone is just as good as the IP5 IMO.

I love Apple products, and I will never stray from the MBP simply because to me it is the best Notebook out there with the MBA as well. I will never use windows again, ever.

As for the phone, there are good and bad to each, but I think the iPhone's run as top phone is over, they need to start really coming up with a new design each year or they will lose more market share, long gone are the days of the 3GS, 4S, they need a whole new phone each year. Sure they will sell whatever they produce, but what magic number will make them realize people are getting tired of their basics.

I used to know a lot of people who went to the iPhone when Android stunk, but they have come a long way, and I am starting to see a reverse trend from people going from other phones to the iPhone, now it is people going to other phones from the iPhone, not something I am causing, just what people are doing.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Eventually you have to ask yourself if it is real value for money upgrading every time. Dont think it is anymore. They're all so good now and cameras also that improvement are negligible and the upgrades are not cheap.

This,^^ it use to be that when an upgrade was available you knew you were going to get something substantial because their was a lot of new tech ground to cover, now phone tech has caught up and hit the ceiling. Everything now is speed bumps useless gimmicks in the real world.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
exactly what i was saying for 3 years straight already. if apple will have technology to make the iphone's battery life better, they will take the oppurtunity to make the device lighter and thinner and decrease the battery so it will never have more battery life then it always has.

but an sd card.....yeah nice joke like the person above me said.

NorEaster

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2012
If you add an SD card slot to the phone then you add the requirement that the OS has to manage storage across multiple volumes. That's stupidly complicated for 95% of users and against Apple's philosophy..
Why or how is it stupidly complicated for 95% of users?!?! If you know how to use a PC (or even a Mac), then you understand the concept of a file system. And if you have ever used an iPhone or an iPad and have been confronted with the "Open in X app" or "Open in Y app" when selecting an attachment from a mail message, then you know how to deal with this. People aren't as stupid as you think.

iOS takes great step to avoid even exposing the file system. It will never happen.
This, I agree with. Apple will never let it happen...but only because they want you to buy higher-capacity devices and/or iCloud storage (in short, they are greedy bastards). They aren't doing this because they think it's too complicated for users.

holmesf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2001
Why or how is it stupidly complicated for 95% of users?!?! If you know how to use a PC (or even a Mac), then you understand the concept of a file system. And if you have ever used an iPhone or an iPad and have been confronted with the "Open in X app" or "Open in Y app" when selecting an attachment from a mail message, then you know how to deal with this. People aren't as stupid as you think.

Work in customer service for a while. It will change your thinking. Anyone who visits this forum is already in the top 1% of users in terms of tech knowledge.

It's very hard to make technology sufficiently simple, and I do think that throwing SD cards in the mix and manual storage management is way too much for most users. And if users want that, they are likely to lean towards Android anyway. Have you seen what an awful job Apple has done with the file sharing for iOS devices in iTunes? Most people don't even realize that they can transfer files to iOS apps through iTunes ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.