Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
My personal hotspot option is no longer there where it used to be, now it says I have to contact AT&T to set it up. Anyone else getting this issue?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
The personal hotspot feature is still there for me but I'm with Verizon. It's included in the data sharing plan I'm on.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
The personal hotspot feature is still there for me but I'm with Verizon. It's included in the data sharing plan I'm on.

It's included with my family plan as well. And it was always there on iOS 6

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
Still here for me on tmobile iohone 5. ( I have the unlimited data plan with 5gb of tethering)

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Weird. It's also telling me I have to activate FaceTime over cellular. I posted a screenshot

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
My personal hotspot option is no longer there where it used to be, now it says I have to contact AT&T to set it up. Anyone else getting this issue?

Try Settings / Cellular - Personal Hotspot. This same thing happened to me last year. There was another place that Hotspot had to be turned on before it became available on the main settings screen. I can't remember exactly where that was though. I CAN tell you that in my case it had nothing to do with my ATT account and the CS peeps at AT&T had ZERO clue had to fix it. Shocker.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
I remember I did a combo of reset network and rebooted and I got this weird message from verizon I clicked ok to.

I'm on live chat with AT&T right now, we'll see what they say...

EDIT: Low and behold att adjusted some sort of a setting on their end and i restarted the phone and the problem was fixed! case closed!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.