Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kernnell

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
how about hundred´s the reports of reports from people complaining about the lack of responsiveness on the iPhone 5 touch in general use?

for example: swiping the emails from lock screen, writing, or having to press the icons twice

jimi78

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Absolutely. I still have Google Maps, SBSettings and Zephyr :D Can't live without the last two. I will only upgrade to the i5 when they release an untethered 6.x jailbreak.

Ok, point taken. It's been so long since I have had 5.1.1 since I signed up for the developers build of iOS6 I too am missing SBSettings immensely.

shadowmatt

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2005
I'm not going to argue about the details with you. Our difference is really about philosophy regarding Government. For example, lets say I've done a lot of research on rare coins. I decide to buy one that I think might gain substantial value. I pay $1000 for this coin. Two years later I sell the coin for $4000. Tell me why the Government is entitled to a percentage of my $4000 when I did all the research and made the wise choice. Tell me why they deserve a cut of my gain when I disagree with 98% of the ways they intend to spend the money they extort from me. If I don't pay up they send in their enforcer the IRS. If I still don't pay they throw me in jail. It comes down to what you believe the function of government is. I believe Govt. should provide a military, a police force, firefighters, jails, and not much else. A bare minimum of services. I'm betting you think bigger government is a good thing. People like you are willing to trade freedom for security. It's the way we are headed. It's sad to watch the US slowly sink into the mire.

Thats your problem, you have philosophy, unfortunately Government doesn't see it like that. It is not you tax dollars, it's the Governments money, to spend how they wish. Any transfer of money which is taxable, the tax on that money is owed to the Government, it is their cut of an economic transaction. They enable the transaction and as such want their cut. Its how it works. Democracy is a process by which we hold government accountable, it does not make government our agents nor their money ours. Any money with their stamp or guarantee on though is theirs to control how they wish.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.