Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:13 AM   #1
Bankaimadness
macrumors regular

How to close all Apps automatically on iOS 6?

I have to manually close one by one and that is taking too much time.
Bankaimadness is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:43 AM   #2
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankaimadness View Post
This feature has yet to be implemented in iOS 6. You have to close each individually by tapping the - button.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:51 AM   #3
Ddyracer
macrumors 68000

Quote:
On android i'm just sayin' you can close all apps. Pretty nice. What i don't like is sometimes the card multitasking doesn't remember where I left off in an app; most of the time i think it's third party.

iOS is much better at this. iOS also has a native backround youtube player unlike Android. You can get something like pvstar but it sucks. I want the functionality built into youtube which also is crap btw.

Youtube apps is so much better on iPad and iPhone thx to Jasmine and mctube pro. Ironic.
Ddyracer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:06 AM   #4
cyks
macrumors 68020

Quote:
...so don't close them.

With only a few exceptions (location services being the big one), apps don't run in the background so there is no benefit to closing them.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddyracer View Post
On android i'm just sayin' you can close all apps.
iOS does things completely differently than Android. Apps aren't supposed or need to be closed on iOS.
cyks is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:30 AM   #5
Julien
macrumors 68040

Apps are NOT all open. Read this to understand how iOS handles Apps.
Julien is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:52 AM   #6
Gutwrench
macrumors 6502a

I don't know the op's need, but there are reasons to want to close idle apps beyond the misperception they're a performance drain.

I like to swipe between apps and use the tray as quick access to relevant apps. A tray filled with idle apps I'm not using gets in the way. I tend to just clean up after myself after most uses and my problem is solved.
Gutwrench is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:00 AM   #7
Tiptizzle
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutwrench View Post
I don't know the op's need, but there are reasons to want to close idle apps beyond the misperception they're a performance drain.

I like to swipe between apps and use the tray as quick access to relevant apps. A tray filled with idle apps I'm not using gets in the way. I tend to just clean up after myself after most uses and my problem is solved.
They seem to be in the order of most recently used. If you closed all of the apps, they wouldn't be down there, and if you don't they shouldn't be in the way, so the end result should be the same. Apps you are switching between should be easily accessible.
Tiptizzle is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:19 AM   #8
Gutwrench
macrumors 6502a

True but there's still clutter plus you're also failing to appreciate my OCD factor.
Gutwrench is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6