Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 16, 2011, 06:43 PM   #1
JohnP90
macrumors newbie

Soundtrack Pro Getting Rid Of Noise In Video

So I've been a Sountrack Pro user for a while, and I have used some of their noise reduction tools, but I'm not much of an audio guy.

I just saw this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMrVgZeCXa8 and I'm wondering if this is worth a buy. I'm not sure how easy it is to use, because I don't really know that much to begin with.

But if anyone can provide any advice I'd be grateful. Would this be an improvement on what I alredy have?

I posted on Gearslutz too, so we'll see what they say. Anyway, thanks!
JohnP90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:22 AM   #2
Eastend
macrumors 6502

I use both SoundTrack Pro and iZotope RX2, RX2 can do a little better than SoundTrack Pro at removing noise, but for regular Video work, you should not need much more than SoundTrack Pro and one of the reasons is, it works rather seamlessly with Final Cut. However, iZotope is excellent for noise it has more Algorithms in it's denoiser than SoundTrack, but there is a learning curve for both of these products. It really depends on what noise you are trying to remove. I use iZotope for getting recorded voices so they can be understood, for regular Video work, I've never used it for that purpose. There is also another product by Bias, called SoundSoap, you'll just have to study up on these products and decide for yourself which one suits your particular needs best. One word of warning though, do not overuse any of these denoisers, it will make your sound worse.
Eastend is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:33 AM   #3
alaskan-frog
macrumors newbie

Bias Inc. is Gone...

I went online looking and searching for Mac Audio Restoration Programs. I had used Bias SoundSoap Pro and was always happy with it. However, my computer was recently attacked by a rare Mac Virus that destroyed everything in my machine.

I went online looking to replace my SoundSoap Pro licensing and Serial Numbers because it along with all my other serial numbers were lost from the viral attack. What I found shocked and saddened me. Bias Inc. has closed its doors and no longer makes, sells or produces any of their amazing and very high quality software.

I am now looking for other resources of Mac Audio Restoration software so I can re-download and restore some very old Audio Recordings that were made by my late parents. Some date back as far as the mid to late 1950's on Reel to Reel tape, a very old recording media. I feel sad that Bias chose to close its doors and discontinue its line of professional audio software and am at a loss for where to go to find something suitable to replace my SoundSoap Pro, which I was very attached to.
alaskan-frog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:59 AM   #4
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskan-frog View Post
However, my computer was recently attacked by a rare Mac Virus that destroyed everything in my machine.
That is not possible, as there has never been a Mac OS X virus in the wild. There has never been any form of Mac OS X malware in the wild that can destroy everything on your computer.
Mac Virus/Malware FAQ
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store