Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stinger123

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Did you guys notice that the Mini actually makes some noise when you tap on the screen. Like when writing on the keyboard?

Unless Im extremly gentle, it goes "tap tap tap tap" when I write.

It's only audiable in a quiet room and doens't bother me at all. Just a fun fact.

Must be because it's so thin and light that it doesn't absorb the screenfeedback like the bigger versions.

A case or cover might dampen the sound. But to me it's somewhat cute.

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Um...when you tap on any hard surface, be it a table, or an iPad....it's gonna make a tap tap tap sound. Its physics. Unless you are tapping on your ipad in the vacuum of space. Durp!

Stinger123

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Um...when you tap on any hard surface, be it a table, or an iPad....it's gonna make a tap tap tap sound. Its physics. Unless you are tapping on your ipad in the vacuum of space. Durp!

I know, I know :)

I just though it was somewhat louder than on the regular iPad size. Probably due to the thin size.

If you try tapping on the black/white bezel of your Mini it's silent, but move your finger ontomthe screen and it sounds like an oldfashioned keyboardphone when typing fast:) The screen sounds hollow compared to the edge.

Doesn't bother me one bit. Just a fun fact.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Its not the same feeling as the original Ipad. The glass on mini is thin and bendable. Just make sure you dont tap it too hard that you break the glass :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.