Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I meant no offence :eek:. It didn't state in your original post that you returned it in the 'return period' that's all. I wish I had more money that sense, a poor student like me has to budget hard to be able to have such tech goodness!

So just because he didn't mention the return period you decided to insult him? Saying you meant no of offense doesn't change the fact that you said he had more money than sense.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
are we really getting into this again?

i have and iPad 3 and it only ever so slightly gets uwarmer than my iPad 2 while playing a graphics intensive game. while watching a movie it's fine

the issue has been completely overblown -clearly there were defective units in the initial production batches but it is no longer a problem anymore

There have been plenty of posts about the hot issues you underestimate. I tried a 3 this past Xmas , far from initial production batch.

Last edited:

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
There have been plenty of posts about the hot issues you underestimate. I tried one. this past Xmas , far from initial production batch.

you tried one in December and it was 110F? doubt it
i tried an iPad 3 in October but returned it for another issue. i ended up getting an iPad 3 refurb in December. both don't get hot during use, regardless of what i am doing

this issue has been overblown - yes there were defective units that resulted in very hot handling. that's not normal. but normal for the iPad 3 will be that it gets warmer than the iPad 2. that's an absolute given. considering what's inside of the iPad 3, i'm not surprised.

it was also noted that keeping the brightness at 100% results in a warmer operation as well. if you keep your brightness at 100% i would be more worried about your eyes than your hands.

i just can't believe this is still being brought up...............

----------

If 660 grams hurt then so will 610. As for you body knowing when it hurts, look up what placebo is.

i just googled it and wow... it brought me to MacRumors to the iPad 3 yellow/purple tint and warm operation threads.

LOL

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
I want to replace my smartphone and laptop with an LTE iPad + Logitech bt keyboard.

The iPad mini is the only one I could do this with. Regular iPad is simply unportable compared to the mini. The iPad mini you can take with you anywhere and, while it doesn't have a retina screen, still has a great screen for non-anal people.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
I want to replace my smartphone and laptop with an LTE iPad + Logitech bt keyboard.

The iPad mini is the only one I could do this with. Regular iPad is simply unportable compared to the mini. The iPad mini you can take with you anywhere and, while it doesn't have a retina screen, still has a great screen for non-anal people.

the Mini becomes unportable if you are planning on lugging the Logitech BT Keyboard with you every where you go though, so that logic is flawed

at least with the regular full size iPad the Logitech keyboard attaches to it so it becomes 1 piece. it's highly portable, i assure you

M

Mr.damien

I tried to love the mini, really I did.

I had it for a week and loved the weight and feel of the device. But I just couldn't get past the non retina. I know some people don't notice it, but I just couldn't get past it.

So now I have a new beautiful iPad 4 and am patiently awaiting the retina mini whenever it decides to drop.

So my life is meaningless. Wasting my time going from iPad to iPad and asking people if I made the good choice. So far, I have no problems in my life. :rolleyes:

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
So my life is meaningless. Wasting my time going from iPad to iPad and asking people if I made the good choice. So far, I have no problems in my life. :rolleyes:

What does this response even mean? I know you're trying to convey something, but its completely incomprehensible.

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
the Mini becomes unportable if you are planning on lugging the Logitech BT Keyboard with you every where you go though, so that logic is flawed

at least with the regular full size iPad the Logitech keyboard attaches to it so it becomes 1 piece. it's highly portable, i assure you

There's a Logitech Ultrathin Mini BT keyboard for the iPad mini that attaches just like the iPad 4 Ultrathin keyboard does. That's what I meant in my original post. Sorry for any confusion.

That's why I plan on going with the mini, since it is the absolute best at portability + battery life an when you add in an ultrathin keyboard to turn it into a tablet computer to type on whenever you need it... well that just makes the argument of LTE iPad mini + ultrathin bt keyboard + dumbphone >>> regular iPad + smartphone that much stronger :)

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
There's a Logitech Ultrathin Mini BT keyboard for the iPad mini that attaches just like the iPad 4 Ultrathin keyboard does. That's what I meant in my original post. Sorry for any confusion.

That's why I plan on going with the mini, since it is the absolute best at portability + battery life an when you add in an ultrathin keyboard to turn it into a tablet computer to type on whenever you need it... well that just makes the argument of LTE iPad mini + ultrathin bt keyboard + dumbphone >>> regular iPad + smartphone that much stronger :)

ahh ok, sorry. i misread your post then lol

that's sick, i didn't know that Logitech came out with an ultra-think for the Mini!

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2013

What are you saying? Since I changed my mind about a purchase, it has to be the biggest travesty in my life?

What an obnoxious comment.

And by the way, where did I ask anyone if I made the right choice?

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I recently had my iPad 4 stolen, but when I replace it, I'm seriously considering the iPad mini instead. I also have an iPhone 5 and 13" retina MBP, so I'm spoiled on retina displays, but i think the smaller form factor of the mini will be more useful. The larger iPad can function as a laptop substitute, but I think if I'm only going to use it as a reader, the mini is better suited.

Once I get the mini and use it a while, I may feel differently, so the two week exchange period will be important to watch.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
once you've been spoiled by retina, the bar for displays is raised. It has for me

I used to watch fourth generation copies of cams (movies recorded in the theatres with a camcorder) in the 80's, today I can't watch anything less than a 720p rip without being a little bit annoyed ;)

But I still prefer NES and SNES to the latest generation consoles ;)

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
but I think if I'm only going to use it as a reader, the mini is better suited.

Once I get the mini and use it a while, I may feel differently, so the two week exchange period will be important to watch.

Yep, definitely keep a watch on the 2-week return period. In my opinion, the Mini was good for movie watching, but for reading PDF’s, it outright stunk compared to the retina iPad. If you are reading iBooks, it’s easy to get used to. But if you’re reading PDF’s, it might be a hassle (I say this because I notice that you are very used to retina screens, as I am).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.