Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Aug 11, 2013, 01:36 PM   #26
irDigital0l

Will need something lighter and more powerful than my iPad 1 so yes.

Either iPad 5 or iPad Mini 2 (Retina).
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:01 PM   #27
Rigby
macrumors 6502a

My iPad 2 still works great. I use it mostly when traveling. I'll have to see the specifications of the 5 before I decide, but I will likely upgrade because of:

- LTE
- More RAM (hopefully less reloading in Safari)
- Want to get rid of the old Apple connector so I don't have to carry two sets of cables and adapters (since my iPhone uses the Lightning connector)
- Hopefully an anti-reflective display similar to the iPhone 5's; this is probably my number one usability issue with the current iPad
- Want to upgrade to 128GB (I load lots of movies and tv episodes on the device for long trips)

I don't expect (or need) it to be significantly lighter or thinner, since the 2 is already extremely portable.
Rigby is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:11 PM   #28
Daysight
macrumors regular

I can't justify the expense of upgrading, much as I'd like the larger memory. Bumped into 32 GB a year ago, but the thing works so darn well. And I don't want to have to replace my connectors and Zagg keyboard case just yet. Heck, it's only been two years+.
Daysight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:24 PM   #29
farmkittie
macrumors member

Yes, probably

iPda2 still works great but I have Wi-Fi only version. I'd like cellular too as they won't allow us to use the company Wi-Fi. Want retina display and other new features too. I have iOS7 on my ol' iPad2 and it works well though.
farmkittie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad