Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WendyS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
I've searched and searched, but nothing I've been able to find in the forums seems to get me anywhere...any help would be appreciated!

I just purchased an old G5, most of the system wiped before my purchase. It's running Tiger. I've got a box set of CS4 Master and have been unsuccessfully desperately trying to up load it since the purchase. When I put the disc in, the CS4 Master Collection icon comes up but nothing happens. When I click the icon, there is no 'install' option and when trying the 'setup.exe' there's no option for install in the box it brings up...

Please help!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Don't know why anyone would expect Windows software to work on a Mac like it does on a PC, especially a PowerPC Mac. Even with Intel Macs you'd need another app or to boot into Windows to achieve this.

In any case finding Mac CS4 installers if you don't have them may be a difficult hunt. Adobe has the very bad habit of obliterating previous version installers off their servers when they release a new version.

Starfighter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Sweden
OP: What is 1+1?
- It's 2.
- It depends on what you're asking, the sum or the two or the equation in it self.
- It's 2.

/end winy complaint about people not reading earlier responses :)

As others have said, .exe is a Windows file that isn't compatible with OS X. You usually want to see .dmg-files or something like .sit, .tar or .smi. Although I think .sit can be used under Windows as well... Hm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.