Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Hi, I'm wondering if I can put .txt files from my PC to my iPod Touch?

Is this possible to do? If so how would I go about doing this?

Thanks.

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Download the Dropbox app from the app store and sign into your account. Everything you sync with Dropbox will be available on your iPod.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Download the Dropbox app from the app store and sign into your account. Everything you sync with Dropbox will be available on your iPod.
But wait; how will I access my txt files without the Internet?

Any ideas?

Last edited:

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada

You cannot, apple does not support file management on iOS devices. You can buy iWork though, every .txt file you make on your mac (In iWork) will be viewable and editable on your device. iWork's "Pages" is $9.99 on the iTunes app store.

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012

Any ideas?

Well, you'll have to be connected to the Internet at some point in order to initially sync the files to your iPod. If you want to view/edit them without being connected to the Internet, though, have a look at PlainText. PlainText syncs with Dropbox, but also stores a local copy of the files.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Well, you'll have to be connected to the Internet at some point in order to initially sync the files to your iPod. If you want to view/edit them without being connected to the Internet, though, have a look at PlainText. PlainText syncs with Dropbox, but also stores a local copy of the files.
Can edit the files using MyMedia? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.