Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amre9480

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
When I turn on the speaker on iphone 5, the other caller can't hear me, instead my voice is just echoed back:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, does anyone know how to fix this?:confused:

Thank you.:D

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
i had the same issue minus the echo once on my iphone 4. on speaker i could hear them they could not hear me. swaped out my phone went home restored from back up and they same thing happened to the new phone. so clearly my issue was software so i had to start from new phone.

amre9480

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
I tried that it didn't work

i had the same issue minus the echo once on my iphone 4. on speaker i could hear them they could not hear me. swaped out my phone went home restored from back up and they same thing happened to the new phone. so clearly my issue was software so i had to start from new phone.

I tried doing that and I set it up as a new phone and it's still just echoing back.:(

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Yup pretty much in your case it's most likely hardware. I failed to tell on my first post that although callers could not hear me through the speaker when I used voice to dial (iPhone 4 no Siri) that could pick up my voice so I knew my issue wasn't hardware

nitemare

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
before you take it back, on the next call that u use speaker phone for on ur iPhone 5, try covering the microphone on back (between the camera and flash) and see if that helps. if it doesnt take it back and demostrate the problem to them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.