Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
It's a DEVELOPER conference, so it's focus has always been about guiding and helping developers. This means, in most cases, that it's all about software and software platforms. The only time hardware is mentioned is to announce a totally new platform (iPhone1), or Macs (I suppose because they are a development tool, or a pro tool).

My point is, not gonna happen. There will be no new iPad generation announcement at WWDC. If there is, I will eat my right shoe. (already ate my earlier due to a misprediction on this forum) :D

Mr. RPG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2012
Has no one really considered this..?

Why would Apple release a RETINA iPad mini along with a RETINA iPad 5? That makes no sense... This would be the perfect time to announce (AND showcase) the iPad 5 running iOS 7.0 and announce the product at the same time with iOS 7 releasing before the next iPhone.

Then later when they announce iPhone.. sales of the iPad 5 will drop some and they can release iPad mini RETINA.

Plus, iPad mini/iPhone/iPod touch 5th generation all have the unibody aluminum finish with Lightning, iPad 4 only has the Lightning.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Has no one really considered this..?

Why would Apple release a RETINA iPad mini along with a RETINA iPad 5? That makes no sense... This would be the perfect time to announce (AND showcase) the iPad 5 running iOS 7.0 and announce the product at the same time with iOS 7 releasing before the next iPhone.

Then later when they announce iPhone.. sales of the iPad 5 will drop some and they can release iPad mini RETINA.

Plus, iPad mini/iPhone/iPod touch 5th generation all have the unibody aluminum finish with Lightning, iPad 4 only has the Lightning.

Of course I have, but has Apple? Releasing both with retina AND at the same time just promotes more cannabilization.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.