Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:11 AM   #1
traycraycray
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4S - Unlocking

I want to buy an iPhone 4S from my friend and he has AT&T...

I have T-Mobile and was wondering how I could go about unlocking the phone.. Can I just take it to my local T-Mobile store to unlock it or can I go to the Apple Store to unlock?

Thanks.
traycraycray is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:24 AM   #2
ann713
macrumors 6502a

Since he is an AT&T customer, he can try calling them to factory unlock the phone before you buy it. If a reason is needed from a rep., just tell him to let them know that he simply needs it unlocked for overseas.
ann713 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:29 AM   #3
mohsy90
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by traycraycray View Post
I want to buy an iPhone 4S from my friend and he has AT&T...

I have T-Mobile and was wondering how I could go about unlocking the phone.. Can I just take it to my local T-Mobile store to unlock it or can I go to the Apple Store to unlock?

Thanks.
Unlock Fusion on eBay. Pay $4 and give them the IMEI number of the iPhone. They will unlock it within 24 hours, all you have to do is restore the phone once they send you the confirmation and then just pop in your t-mobile sim.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:31 AM   #4
JayLenochiniMac
macrumors 601

Unless your friend has upgraded to the iPhone 5 or a different phone, he's going to have a difficult time getting at&t to unlock it (and it can only be done from at&t's end, not through the usual online request).

Easiest would be for you to use one of the $3 ebay unlockers.
JayLenochiniMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone