Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cristian.ny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
I just got a black iPad mini with a light gray Apple Smart Cover and I'm looking for a perfect shell that is compatible with the Smart Cover. I've looked on amazon an I couldn't find much that looked perfect. I prefably want a matte black thin shell that just covers the back. Any suggestions?

flavr

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
I picked up two from Rocketfish from Best Buy...a clear smoked gray and a clear pink...they seem to be great quality, fit perfect and best of all, no logos anywhere on it so its clean. You won't need black, the clear smoke gray looks dark black when you use it with the black Mini because its transparent. Also works with the Apple Smart Cover.

here it is in clear (the smoked gray is darker):

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=7046358&pid=1218826436641

jcborden

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
I have the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy for the mini, fit is perfect and it covers all corners and has special covers on the on/off and volume buttons. They do it in clear, smoke or matt colours to match the smart covers.

The fit and protection is excellent - I have the smoke, but would prefer the matt versions which are much more resistant to scratching (or at least hide it very well). Used one on my previous iPad 3 and 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.