Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:15 AM   #26
MsRandall
macrumors 6502

Coming from a 15 year ex customer of Sprint, Sprint voice service is good but data was the reason I left 10 months ago. Yes they are building their towers to support LTE but they are also doing it very slowly and even people who are blessed enough to have LTE towers in their area are getting spotty coverage.

Check on the BAW or Sprint Users forums where customers are posting their reviews....
http://community.sprint.com/baw/comm...zaboutwireless

www.sprintusers.com

The iPhone 5 with Sprint is being sold on craigslist amost $75 - $100 less in my area because customers are unhappy here in the bay area. Now I know people in Chicago with Sprint and they are happy with coverage although they dont have the iPhone.

I would say get opinions of Chicago iPhone users and see what they say before going to Sprint. Also know if you get Sprint the insurance on an iphone it is $11 bucks a month...higher than Verizon by almost 3 bucks a month

I moved to Verizon and I am super happy - coverage everywhere I have been and great LTE speeds.
MsRandall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:28 AM   #27
quietstormSD
macrumors 6502a

I would buy from Walmart, they are usually the cheapest and they only charge sales tax on the subsidized price.

Twitter: @KarchaInSD
quietstormSD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:36 AM   #28
dmk1974
macrumors 68000

Well, they transferred over to Sprint last night. My brother for some reason went with the Galaxy SIII but my sister-in-law went with the iPhone 5. Talking to them last night sounded clear and his speedtest speeds at his house were 24 Mbps down and 9 MBps up...pretty good.

Thanks everyone for your opinions.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:08 PM   #29
thehustleman
macrumors 65816

If sprint has lte where you are go with them, if not, verizon.

AT&FEE is a joke and tmobile is an unfunny joke
thehustleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:12 PM   #30
NewAnger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPChicago View Post
Verizon! Works like a charm! Pretty pricey but its worth it! LTE is great in my location (Chicago)

Was a sprint user years back, didnt like the customer service, which caused me to switch to verizon.
Its not about the carrier, it's where you live.

Here, T-Mobile is kicking Verizon and AT&Ts behinds all over. Right now, I have .01Mbps on AT&T and 21Mbps on T-Mobile. I quit Verizon in January due to dropped calls and no data.
NewAnger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:21 PM   #31
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020

Verizon. No questions asked. Their service is far superior.
gmanist1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:26 PM   #32
Jungle Jack
macrumors member

Hello,
I was in St. Petersburg today where Sprint's LTE is up and got 25.29Mpbs Download and 10.95 Mbps upload. Ping was 120ms.
I am posting the screenshot here as well.

Once the Softbank Merger goes through, I really think Sprint is going to be on par with VZN and AT&T.
Cheers,
JJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	15
Size:	439.1 KB
ID:	398085  
Jungle Jack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:29 PM   #33
Jungle Jack
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
Coming from a 15 year ex customer of Sprint, Sprint voice service is good but data was the reason I left 10 months ago. Yes they are building their towers to support LTE but they are also doing it very slowly and even people who are blessed enough to have LTE towers in their area are getting spotty coverage.

Check on the BAW or Sprint Users forums where customers are posting their reviews....
http://community.sprint.com/baw/comm...zaboutwireless

www.sprintusers.com

The iPhone 5 with Sprint is being sold on craigslist amost $75 - $100 less in my area because customers are unhappy here in the bay area. Now I know people in Chicago with Sprint and they are happy with coverage although they dont have the iPhone.

I would say get opinions of Chicago iPhone users and see what they say before going to Sprint. Also know if you get Sprint the insurance on an iphone it is $11 bucks a month...higher than Verizon by almost 3 bucks a month

I moved to Verizon and I am super happy - coverage everywhere I have been and great LTE speeds.
Hello,
Can you now get Asurion Insurance for the iPhone from Sprint? At least up to a few months ago, the only option was AppleCare+
Cheers,
JJ
Jungle Jack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:34 AM   #34
MsRandall
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Jack View Post
Hello,
Can you now get Asurion Insurance for the iPhone from Sprint? At least up to a few months ago, the only option was AppleCare+
Cheers,
JJ
Yep it started in Jan.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/16/s...ection-iphone/
MsRandall is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone