Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:11 AM   #26
jdag
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanR1 View Post
Try asking at ipadforums.net, very helpful people and a LOT less snarky. YMMV.
I generally agree that forum responses can get sarcastic and condescending. But I think what people on this thread are trying to do is point out the absolute trivial nature of the question. It absolutely does not matter 1 bit in any way shape or form what color iPad one chooses...for business, for kids, for medical use, for grandparents, for a gift, for anything!

Several people, myself included, have given the opinion that the color is a complete personal choice and will not affect the business success, opportunities, advancement, etc. in a career.

I can't believe I am participating in this thread...back to more important things like determining whether I should buy blue or white Kleenex when I go to the store this afternoon.
jdag is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:17 AM   #27
Chuck-Norris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
I'm a partner at a medium CPA firm. No one cares about the color of your personal devices. But try to remember that's what they are...personal. It's frowned upon for you to try to use them in a way that puts client or firm info on them.

In other words, don't worry about the color so much. Worry about if you should even be showing up with one. Let the firm provide your toys.

Don't be in a rush to try to implement tech into your job at first. They have an IT person that worries about that, not first hires. Worry about your job. Try to keep work at work.
i havent entered the real business world yet but i appreciate your input from your experience! looks like iil just pick the one that looks most interesting to me and that'l be the white ipad mini.
Chuck-Norris is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:18 AM   #28
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

The color is the most important thing in buying an iPad. If you buy the wrong color, you will lose all your friends, and, without doubt, lose you job. The wrong choice is a sign of total incompetance. How well you do your job means nothing. Your ability to perform the tasks assigned to you mean nothing. All that matters is the color of your iPad.

I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to tell you the RIGHT color, but you better not make the wrong choice!

So take care...color is all...

Last edited by Shrink; Mar 8, 2013 at 06:32 AM.
Shrink is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:47 AM   #29
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

White or black both look professional to me. Now if you we're talking the same colors as the new iPod touches, then I would agree that they are not professional looking.
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2013, 06:00 PM   #30
iEvolution
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
How exactly does it yellow when the colour is under the glass? Educate yourself a little more....
You first

http://www.ehow.com/how_7723009_stop...ng-yellow.html
http://www.diychatroom.com/f4/why-ha...yellow-109822/
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...4075121AAI1ePo
http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7723009_st...ng-yellow.html
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=347059

Glass doesn't BLOCK UV damage.
iEvolution is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2013, 07:09 PM   #31
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Wow! You are comparing a white painted door to a white Apple product. The colour IS UNDER THE GLASS! It does not turn yellow....check the forums here. You are a wind up merchant for sure! White MacBooks may have discoloured over time but the manufacturing in iOS devices is totally different.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:38 PM   #32
takeshi74
macrumors 601

(nm)
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:48 PM   #33
Chuck-Norris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
The color is the most important thing in buying an iPad. If you buy the wrong color, you will lose all your friends, and, without doubt, lose you job. The wrong choice is a sign of total incompetance. How well you do your job means nothing. You ability to perform the tasks assigned to you mean nothing. All that matters is the color of your iPad.

I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to tell you the RIGHT color, but you better not make the wrong choice!

So take care...color is all...

i wasnt asking if it was the right color, merely asking for opinion.

Chuck-Norris is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2013, 02:45 AM   #34
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Thread on this forum is getting funnier and funnier each day, its like there is really nothing to ask about Ipad.

So this dude is worry about which Ipad color he should buy to use in the business school!!! I say you focus more on the content of your study and i bet people wouldnt even give a dang what color your folder is.
racoonboy is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2013, 03:19 AM   #35
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck-Norris View Post
But you did ask:
Quote:
im in school for business and such and i was wondering if the white ipad mini would look right in that enviroment
So how is that not asking if white was the right color (for business)?

I think, in general, white does tend to be more eye-catching, and if you are wearing dark business suit and carrying all dark accessories, then a single white item might stand out and look out of place. However, it's just a single item, and if you are acting very bussiness-like and professional, then nobody will pay any attention to it. If Tim Cook walks into a room nobody is going to care if he has a white or black iPad, they are going to be just looking at him. So just get whichever color appeals to you more, and then forget about it.
Night Spring is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2013, 06:23 AM   #36
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:

As Night Spring points out above, you did seem to be asking for an opinion...ironic though my opinion might be.

Last edited by Shrink; Mar 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM.
Shrink is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:53 AM   #37
RieRie
macrumors newbie

Does the OP plan on using a case or cover of some type? There are plenty of covers and cases available that would make either color of mini look professional.
RieRie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 08:54 AM   #38
STVA
macrumors newbie

I work for a Fortune 500 company with a pretty formal environment. We were actually just issued white Minis by the company with black covers. I'd say that this is professional enough.
STVA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 03:28 PM   #39
LightOnAHill
macrumors regular

I went white on my mini and my iPhone so it would match my Mac air, and my white shirt, in court.

If my ipad were lime green, it would still be professional how I use it. When I'm using it to read my notes for an argument in a hearing, the mini seems very professional. I can find stuff on it faster than the opposing counsel can in their paper files.

I think white is more what I want so I got it. Easy enough.....
LightOnAHill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 05:43 PM   #40
Judas1
macrumors 6502a

Go black. If you're wearing a black suit, it compliments the suit, and isn't flashy like with white. You don't want to appear unfashionable do you? Business is all about fashion, except in the fashion industry, where its all about brains.
Judas1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 07:44 PM   #41
Freida
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I have the black iphone 5, i was originally gonna go for black to match but , to me the white iphone 5 doesnt appeal, but the white ipad mini looks really sharp to me.

im in school for business and such and i was wondering if the white ipad mini would look right in that enviroment

generally when u think business, i think black for some reason.
I'm sorry but you must be joking here! If you study business and want to be professional (or look - either way) and you can't simply decide on a colour of a device then I do not want to see what kind of a business man you will end up being. For crying out loud, how do you wanna run a company if you can't do such a small decision as what colour for the ipad.

Black & White are the most neutral colours. They are each at the end of the colour spectrum. You can't go wrong with either yet you "waste" your time here.

Last edited by stridemat; Mar 10, 2013 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Removed trolling
Freida is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:09 PM   #42
Infinitewisdom
macrumors 6502

An iPad's color doesn't have bearing on anything in the business world. None whatsoever. Pick what you want.
Infinitewisdom is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad