Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Aug 10, 2013, 01:34 PM   #1
BobRon
macrumors newbie

Applescript to rename all new images

I have a program that will find the pixel color of an image written in bash, but it only will work with one filename. I have it set so when I take a picture, it automatically uploads to that specific folder via dropbox. I was wondering if it is possible to create an applescript that, when opened, finds pictures in a folder with extensions of .jpg and auto renames that image to img1.jpg
BobRon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2013, 07:49 PM   #2
kryten2
macrumors 6502a

Info : Re-Naming Finder Items
Old Aug 11, 2013, 08:57 AM   #3
BobRon
macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Using your guide, I was able to find a different way to do it by creating an empty folder and used automator to rename the item added to it and move it to the main folder.

Last edited by BobRon; Aug 11, 2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Mistake
BobRon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Tags
applescript