Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:36 PM   #26
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius View Post
So I just added one digit at the end of my old password.
Sounds like your account was hacked as others have said. Also, this is not the best way to change your password.
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:32 PM   #27
PNutts
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius View Post
Your summary there seems constructed to suit your stance on this issue, rather than you know, being true. Because here is what the man in the the very first link says:

In other words. The EXACT same thing that happened to me. So dont come and tell me this does not happen. I have proved that this DOES happen.

But then you are concluding by saying this was a remote wipe. And I would like to ask you for evidence of this? I certainly have not provided anything. There is nothing indicating any remote usage here. The phone wiped itself - thats what happened.
Um... Did you read the fourth post in that thread? It's an Exchange remote wipe. The text is below. I didn't say it didn't happen, I said it was uncommon with a common cause. At this point all I can say is backup, backup, backup.

From your linked thread:
Ok the mystery has been solved. So my phone syncs with my company's corporate Exchange server. Our admin was on there this morning messing with something, and accidentally initiated a remote wipe. Apparantly you can do that from an Exchange server, don't need MobileMe or anything.
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:30 PM   #28
wxman2003
macrumors 65816

I wish my dog could wipe itself.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:08 AM   #29
g0odfr1end102
macrumors 6502

You should probably change your password. I never used the four digits password, I have the complex one. Just in case: Settings>Passcode Lock>Turn "simple passcode" OFF>set a new complex password. I'd recommend using a capital letter, and at least 2 digits. Hope this helped!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:23 AM   #30
syd430

OP, based on your replies, I recommend using a more secure password in the future.

Here is a good source for very secure passwords:

http://digitaljournal.com/article/335497

Any of the top 10 will do but I recommend either #1 or #2 for maximum security. 'Password' is a particularly strong one on the list because of its use of both vowels AND consonants.
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2013, 04:23 AM   #31
S t 0 n e r
macrumors newbie

I just woke up and my phone was frozen. Iphone 5, i restarted it then half my data go wiped any ideas??
S t 0 n e r is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone