Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RU551ANB3A5T

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
I have an iPod Touch 4g ios 6.1 jailbroken with evasion. Now i have herd of the openiBoot project, which is currently only for 1st gen ipods. That they are going to probably come out with an exploit for 4g some day soon. But knowing as how much of a noob i am, or trying to be, i really dont want to wait. I have seen on youtube and herd from many other people they have been able to boot other operating systems on their ipod touch 4g. I was wonder if there is possibly any other way to unlock the bootloader of the original ios, setting it to a diff os. Even if that hasn't quite been done or not experimented yet. I was wondering if anyone could by any chance lead me into the direction of how to set up for it or what info do i need to know or learn in order to get myself into doing this? i am sure it can be quite possible, and even without using an already or soon to come out software, if there is any commands or ways to change certain files to just get started. If anyone has any knowledge on this, i would greatly appreciate any ones advice and knowledge over the topic. Please email me if have a lot of info. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.