Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dragoro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
With an iphone 4, when wifi is turned out, does the phone use wifi for everything but phone calls? Or are there some apps that still use cellular data?

Regarding mail, in a lot of folders I get options to move, mark, or archive but no option for delete. Is that normal?

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
With an iphone 4, when wifi is turned out, does the phone use wifi for everything but phone calls? Or are there some apps that still use cellular data?

Regarding mail, in a lot of folders I get options to move, mark, or archive but no option for delete. Is that normal?

Your iPhone 4 will tend to prioritize wifi over cellular, in other words, when wifi is turned on, the phone will switch to wifi for any web browsing etc. I don't think any apps will use your cellular data when you are connected to wifi.

Regarding mail, I think that is the case.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
To get the option to delete an email, you must go into the mail settings where you added your account. Edit the account and turn off message archive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.