Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhiladelphiaX

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I can't remember where I heard it from, but I remember hearing something about Apple offering one day shipping *FREE* throughout the holiday season -- is this true?

I'm thinking about ordering an iPhone online either today or tomorrow. If I do, will the shipping be free? And could I expect to get my iPhone by tomorrow?

Thanks in advanced...

PhiladelphiaX

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Can anyone verify this? I ran a Google search and I saw some text about it on Apple's store section on their website, but when I click then link I can't find it. Here's the text under the Google link, though:

Free shipping on everything when you shop for the holidays on the Apple Online Store. For last minute ... Call 1-800-MY-APPLE. or. Chat Now ... Shop iPod. Get it in time for the holidays with free next-day shipping on everything in the store.

camel517

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Yes, you will get UPS Next day Air.

The funny part is, I ordered on wednesday.

My shipping date: Monday, December 24th.

I wish I had just bought it in-store.

PhiladelphiaX

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Yes, you will get UPS Next day Air.

The funny part is, I ordered on wednesday.

My shipping date: Monday, December 24th.

I wish I had just bought it in-store.

Hey, thanks for responding. So, I guess their next-day shipping means exactly that: that they'll only ship it the next day, but can't guarantee that it will arrive the next day?

camel517

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Hey, thanks for responding. So, I guess their next-day shipping means exactly that: that they'll only ship it the next day, but can't guarantee that it will arrive the next day?

Actually, the package is sitting in a UPS facility about 10 minutes from my house. "Adverse weather conditions". Funny part is, there is no snow on the ground and I can't pick it up because it won't be unloaded from the trailer until monday. Last time I ship with UPS.

Newman88

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
UPS is stating on their website that there are disruptions in Louisville due to severe weather. I ordered on Wednesday, should have been here today but will now arrive Monday.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Not only what you said, next-day shipping doesn't guarantee that they'll ship it the same day that you order it, or even the next day.

Just that when they DO ship it, it should arrive the following day. No guarantee that FedEx won't delay it due to weather, as pointed out.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California

If you can, I'd recommend going into an Apple store in person -- you'll get whatever it is you're looking for much faster. Next day shipping means that Apple can only guarantee that they'll ship the product by the next business day -- it doesn't guarantee that you'll get your package the next day, though. At this point, it's certainly unlikely to receive anything until after Christmas if you haven't already ordered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.