Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Apr 28, 2013, 01:49 PM   #101
alphaod
macrumors Core

I'm thinking Apple is censoring things on their end you know because of Boston.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 04:01 PM   #102
Cloudane
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Cloudane
Well that's a rather strange thing for it to
Cloudane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2013, 01:45 PM   #103
sulpfiction
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Opus View Post
Sensationalist story. Count the characters, the issue occurs on any sentence with 26 characters
Only has to do with a certain width, not a character count.
sulpfiction is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 02:52 PM   #104
mjh114
macrumors newbie

So I have a bit of a problem. I texted my girlfriend (we both have iphone 5's) saying:
"Hey, I probably wont be able to call you for a bit, we're back now..."

This message sent as a text message to her saying:
"Haha of course, Ill come back over as soon as you're home (smiley emoji) umm b..."

and then she immediately received an imessage from me saying the correct text that I originally sent her.

The message went on for another sentence but everything after the "..." is the same in both text messages.

So, I sent her an imessage and she received a text message and an imessage both containing a different first sentence.

Oh and we're 6 hours away at the moment so a message saying "Ill come over as soon as you're home (smiley)" is not making her happy. This is the only thread that has any sort of similar issue. Any ideas? Could this imessage bug have caused that?
mjh114 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2013, 01:42 AM   #105
carpbait
macrumors newbie

Another one

"Then I might get murdered " without quotes and a space at the end disappears.
carpbait is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 09:48 PM   #106
youcantry
macrumors newbie

The last word(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh114 View Post
So I have a bit of a problem. I texted my girlfriend (we both have iphone 5's) saying:
"Hey, I probably wont be able to call you for a bit, we're back now..."

This message sent as a text message to her saying:
"Haha of course, Ill come back over as soon as you're home (smiley emoji) umm b..."

and then she immediately received an imessage from me saying the correct text that I originally sent her.
At first I thought you were joking, but then I remembered I have had something similar happen a number of times. When it happened to me I concluded I had been sent messages that were sent to me a long time ago (like months, or even years prior).

Speculating - could it be possible the message history is stored on Apple's servers and it sent the wrong message? I know message history goes back a long way on the iPhone itself (for example, if I browse it on my PC while the iphone is plugged in, using 3rd party software) - so perhaps rather than Apple's servers re-sending an old message they have archived, could it be the phone itself is re-displaying a message from its own archive? I don't know.

To another question earlier in this thread: viewing messages in landscape mode makes no difference because the bubble width is identical in either layout - it's only the horizontal space between the left and right columns that increases, not the bubbles themselves.

To all those saying "people aren't going to type those messages often enough for this to be an issue" - duh. These aren't the only messages that have the problem. It'll be a unique set of circumstances where the width, in pixels, of the text - and maybe the location of whitespace characters - results in the bubble height being too small. In other words, it could be any number of sentences.

I have this happen quite often actually. I've noticed too that it is sometimes more than a single word which drops off the displayed message. Today I received a long message and the last 4 words were missing. As others have noted, if I copy the message and paste - straight back into the message editor, or notepad, or anywhere else, I can then read the original message in its entirity.

I'm using an iphone 4s running version 6.0.
youcantry is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion