Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vell843

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Can someone post a screen shot of a text message and iMessage in iOS 7. I am just wondering of text messages are still green or not? Thanks

tkwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2012
I actually do like the dark blue for sms and light blue bubble for imessage, at least thats how i saw it in the demo. Green aint bad too, but I was a little stoked for this change haha

MacReloaded

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
Canada
I actually do like the dark blue for sms and light blue bubble for imessage, at least thats how i saw it in the demo. Green aint bad too, but I was a little stoked for this change haha

You saw it wrong. It's a gradient where iMessages near the top are lighter than the iMessages at the bottom.

Vell843

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Can someone with iOS 7 beta post a screenshot of a text message and a iMessage so that we can see the differences. Thx

thenameisstefan

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2013
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum and just got iOS7 on my iPhone 5. I like it a lot except I don't understand why my messages have to send as regular text messages rather than imessages when im talking to someone with an iphone? Like my texts refuse to send via imessage. Is this a common problem? Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thank you

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum and just got iOS7 on my iPhoen 5. I like it a lot except I don't understand why my messages have to send as regular text messages rather than imessages when im talking to someone with an iphone? Like my texts refuse to send via imessage. Is this a common problem? Does anyone know how i can fix this? Thank you

You likely have to turn off and then reactivate iMessage and FaceTime.

thenameisstefan

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2013
You likely have to turn off and then reactivate iMessage and FaceTime.

Yeah I turned both of them off and then turned them back on and its still not working. The thing is though, the swipe to turn imessage on gets stuck and sometimes wont let me turn it on. I have to sit there and do it over and over again until it works. And then when i finally turn it on, the imessages still wont send.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Yeah I turned both of them off and then turned them back on and its still not working. The thing is though, the swipe to turn imessage on gets stuck and sometimes wont let me turn it on. I have to sit there and do it over and over again until it works. And then when i finally turn it on, the imessages still wont send.

Welcome to betas. It is likely because you did not restore as new iPhone when you went to iOS 7.

thenameisstefan

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2013
Welcome to betas. It is likely because you did not restore as new iPhone when you went to iOS 7.

No I didn't because when I tried to get iOS7 the first time that way, it didnt work. I updated with the download from "Check for Update" but I guess I can live without iOS7 for a few months. Im assuming it will fix itself once they release it in the Fall? What do you think?

eLiz8

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013
text messages not working with iOS 7

anyone else having a problem with receiving text messages from another iphone with AT&T provider

Weiser878

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
anyone else having a problem with receiving text messages from another iphone with AT&T provider

I've had a couple of instances where messages came through to me hours after they were sent. A few times it seems my messages weren't always going out to others, but that seems sorted out now. I dont think its an iOS7 thing. I think the timing was just a coincidence

bandityo

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
Cant read the new messages keyboard..font so thin and light my old eyes cant hardly see it.

NOw the keyboard on the spotlight search function is fine...just not the message keyboard :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.