Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Dec 8, 2011, 08:27 AM   #51
noisycats
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontwalkhand View Post
Is it just me, or does this company seem to feel A LOT like they are part of the inkjet printer industry?
Amen! Only their "printers" aren't cheap. We have these all over work and I have found a cup I love (diedrich french), but I still can't figure our why the makers are so friggen expensive!

100-200 bucks to inject hot water into a plastic module? Seriously?

Having said that, I'm off for another cup...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
Do these really make a decent cup of coffee or does it taste like vending machine coffee? I have thought about it a few times, as I am looking for a coffee maker myself.

----------

Interesting

It all depends on the K-cup brand. Some really suck, others are amazing! I was skeptical (confirmed by some of my earlier tastings) until I found a few varieties that were awesome! We have the injectors at work which is the perfect enviornment...no more burnt, stale coffee and no more flavor by consensus. Everyone has their own private flavor stash.
noisycats is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 08:27 AM   #52
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
FWIW, I just saw a new brand of hot chocolate in the supermarket. Think it was by Pepperidge Farm.
I don't do hot chocolate and water. If I drink hot coco I want proper milk and coco. I'm sure that is snobby but that's just me. I also think I like mine a bit more chocolaty than others. Of the k-cups I've tried, I found myself wanting to use two each time. A friend once said to brew the tea-sized cup, take the k-cup out and shake it a bit to break up the coco and brew another tea-sized cup. That actually did work well but still, it's coco and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisycats View Post
Amen! Only their "printers" aren't cheap. We have these all over work and I have found a cup I love (diedrich french), but I still can't figure our why the makers are so friggen expensive!

100-200 bucks to inject hot water into a plastic module? Seriously?

Having said that, I'm off for another cup...
I want to say that after Tassimo, they were first on the market. I had a Tassimo and it was loud, vibrated the counter, and often failed at making the proper cup. Tassimo was also a brand that was abandoned by Kraft so the prospect of coffee choices increasing was dangerously low. In 2009 I was given a Keurig as a gift from a friend and it's really something I enjoy. My guess is the price point is where it is at because there was no one else at the time. Since then, the price has lowered a bit or they're offering freebies with the unit but generally speaking, there is little reason for them to be so expensive.

I think it's like buying a Oster toaster oven over a Breville. You pay less for an Oster and it will probably perform like a Breville but I still want the Breville.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:01 AM   #53
Gipper925
macrumors newbie

The Keurig is plagued with pump issues (just google it), However, in their defense, their customer service is excellent and they will send you a brand new unit if you have trouble.
Gipper925 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:17 AM   #54
gramirez2012
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to gramirez2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipper925 View Post
The Keurig is plagued with pump issues (just google it), However, in their defense, their customer service is excellent and they will send you a brand new unit if you have trouble.
I read that this problem does not occur if you only use filtered or distilled water.
gramirez2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 01:58 PM   #55
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
I read that this problem does not occur if you only use filtered or distilled water.
If that is the case then my distilled water is way screwy. I used only distilled on the last one and it died.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion