Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:25 PM   #1
saleemyas3
macrumors regular

Anyone not get their Education gift card?

Mine wouldnt add to cart when i ordered so they said they will email it by July 6th at the latest and there is a list of people. I didnt receive mine, anyone else didnt?
saleemyas3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:33 PM   #2
yoyoma1992
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleemyas3 View Post
Mine wouldnt add to cart when i ordered so they said they will email it by July 6th at the latest and there is a list of people. I didnt receive mine, anyone else didnt?
Ya me either
yoyoma1992 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:34 PM   #3
jav6454
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleemyas3 View Post
Have you tried to redeem it in-store?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:21 AM   #4
jgc
macrumors regular

My problem was different. Mine added to cart and was supposed to come by a certain date, and didn't. I waited over a week to contact Apple and they gave me the redemption code directly. Another week after that, I finally received it in the mail. DHL shipping sucks.
jgc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2012, 09:57 PM   #5
saleemyas3
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma1992 View Post
Ya me either
did you try calling
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:51 PM   #6
saleemyas3
macrumors regular

Bump. Tried calling and still nothing.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:54 PM   #7
armistice
macrumors newbie

Sorry about drudging up an old topic, but I've had this issue as well.

I ordered the Retina w/ education discounts/promotion and never received my gift card either.

I called yesterday afternoon and a girl told me that she would email me a code instead of sending it through the mail. I didn't get anything, so I called back this afternoon (after almost exactly a 24 hour wait)

The guy I talked to today told me to wait THREE WEEKS to receive the email as they're backlogged from education orders and "other people who didn't receive their gift card"

...soo....I guess they were just really bad about including them and now a ton of us are having to wait again?

I'm pretty frustrated. I read of many people getting theirs before their computer even arrived. I ordered my computer June 20th and now I'm told to wait another 3 weeks for a simple email code?!

So yea...seriously, if you didn't receive yours just keep calling. The people I talked to were all very nice and helpful. The wait sucks, but it's better than missing out on the $100.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:16 PM   #8
Zeni Xeni
macrumors newbie

I ordered my MBA mid-June and actually received the gift card before my Air arrived.

Don't let up. It's $100 we're talking about.
Zeni Xeni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:30 PM   #9
alstrike
macrumors member

I received mine today but not in the same box as the MBA, it was in another box that contained a Thule Sleeve.

Redeemed a few minutes ago and voilá, 80€ to spend.

I think I´m gonna wait to see if the iWork suite is updated but TBH the money is burning right now
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:45 PM   #10
saleemyas3
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by armistice View Post
Sorry about drudging up an old topic, but I've had this issue as well.

I ordered the Retina w/ education discounts/promotion and never received my gift card either.

I called yesterday afternoon and a girl told me that she would email me a code instead of sending it through the mail. I didn't get anything, so I called back this afternoon (after almost exactly a 24 hour wait)

The guy I talked to today told me to wait THREE WEEKS to receive the email as they're backlogged from education orders and "other people who didn't receive their gift card"

...soo....I guess they were just really bad about including them and now a ton of us are having to wait again?

I'm pretty frustrated. I read of many people getting theirs before their computer even arrived. I ordered my computer June 20th and now I'm told to wait another 3 weeks for a simple email code?!

So yea...seriously, if you didn't receive yours just keep calling. The people I talked to were all very nice and helpful. The wait sucks, but it's better than missing out on the $100.
Yep, i've recieved 2 "24 hours" promises, but nothing. I'll call them again in a couple of days. I don't care too much about it as I was probably going to sell the card anyways, but I'm hearing that they might just add it directly into the Apple Account.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:39 PM   #11
saleemyas3
macrumors regular

Bump, just got an unexpected email concerning my order. contained my code!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air