Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:56 PM   #26
Lukewarmwinner
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadena View Post
Didn't you just say you went to an Apple Store to test it ?
Ah, yeah I did. My mistake. Should've been "apple retailer" since we don't have an Apple Store here it's impossible

But where did you guys order it?
Lukewarmwinner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:06 PM   #27
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd430 View Post
the only thing fine on it is angry birds and watching movies. Everything else is not fine, and i'm not kidding either.

You're probably going to get a lot of people here say that's not the case, but then again almost all the people that own mini's on this forum don't do anything on them outside of the above two tasks.

Save your self the hassle of returning it and pick up a brilliant ipad 4. Don't worry, your arms should be able to lift it, despite what people here say, who are apparently not drinking enough milk to keep their bones nice and strong.
k
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:14 PM   #28
Lukewarmwinner
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGarton View Post
Another thread ruined.
I'm just ignoring it, since it really has nothing to do with the question. I've had iPad 2 since launch and know how a full size iPad works. But tried it today and it really is a nice device! I now use my iPhone for browsing much more than my iPad 2, and I'll guess the mini will fill the gap between the two. So really like it! Know the waiting is a bummer! Bought a case at the store today so I'm ready for it
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:02 PM   #29
pasadena
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukewarmwinner View Post
Ah, yeah I did. My mistake. Should've been "apple retailer" since we don't have an Apple Store here it's impossible

But where did you guys order it?
I preordered it and got it shipped. Then I went into an Apple Store to change it for a smaller one (16Gb vs 32Gb).

But if I had to buy it now, I would go to the Apple Store, since I have no less than 3 of them within a few miles But that's just because I don't like to wait when I don't have to.

Now, if you buy it through a retailer, pay attention to their return policy. Otherwise, it's just as good as a physical store !

----------

Quote:
I'm just ignoring it, since it really has nothing to do with the question. I've had iPad 2 since launch and know how a full size iPad works. But tried it today and it really is a nice device! I now use my iPhone for browsing much more than my iPad 2, and I'll guess the mini will fill the gap between the two. So really like it! Know the waiting is a bummer! Bought a case at the store today so I'm ready for it
Can't you order it on the online Apple Store ? Is there a delay there too ? Or do you want the LTE one ?
pasadena is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:22 PM   #30
Lukewarmwinner
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadena View Post
I preordered it and got it shipped. Then I went into an Apple Store to change it for a smaller one (16Gb vs 32Gb).

But if I had to buy it now, I would go to the Apple Store, since I have no less than 3 of them within a few miles But that's just because I don't like to wait when I don't have to.

Now, if you buy it through a retailer, pay attention to their return policy. Otherwise, it's just as good as a physical store !

----------

Can't you order it on the online Apple Store ? Is there a delay there too ? Or do you want the LTE one ?
I see. I've always bought my gear online and not through retailers, if something should go wrong with it, I'd trust Apple a bit more than the retailers. Yeah I've ordered it today on the online store, and shipping is set for two weeks! Yikes!
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:25 PM   #31
pasadena
macrumors regular

Quote:
I see. I've always bought my gear online and not through retailers, if something should go wrong with it, I'd trust Apple a bit more than the retailers. Yeah I've ordered it today on the online store, and shipping is set for two weeks! Yikes!
Just being curious, where in Europe do you live ?
pasadena is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:18 PM   #32
TaylorClark
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your experience! I'll be using a keyboard though but good to know
Oh! Sorry, I never read that part!
TaylorClark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:34 PM   #33
Lukewarmwinner
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorClark View Post
Oh! Sorry, I never read that part!
No biggie

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad