Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Francois4256

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Having discovered spaces as a result one of the threads down below and loving them, we wonder if it is possible to have a different desktop picture in each space?

Done a few searches, know widgets won't go, but you might be able to "customize" the space a bit... Don't know why, but would just like to if I could.

Francois

matsch

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
For Lion

Hi!

is there the same for Lion?... just to change background pictures between spaces

Thanks

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
Hi!

is there the same for Lion?... just to change background pictures between spaces

Thanks

Lion it's even easier on account of the virtual "desktops". Switch to whichever desktop you want then just go into your preferences and change the background picture as usual. It will only apply to your current desktop. I have 3 virtual desktops on my macs and have a different background on each one.

Edit: To clarify as well, as far as I'm aware, "Spaces" doesn't exist in Lion. It's been effectively replaced by Mission Control.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.