Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
I do not like the new mini player. You got more functionality from the old one in a smaller space.

That's quite a stretch. For the first time ever, the mini player shows you the album art. I can queue up or play any song, playlist, artist or album in my library, can see my upcoming and played songs, remove any of them, rearrange their order or re-add any of them, can see and add Genius suggestions to the play queue for any of the songs I've just played, am about to play or for the song I'm playing at the moment. I can also add any of these songs to a playlist, or directly locate them or their artist or album in my library. And all of that from something that's perfectly unobtrusive and can just be tucked in a screen corner somewhere. Both the search as well as up-next functionality can even be initiated by using the keyboard (⌘F or ⌥⌘U). It even dynamically resizes itself and goes back to its original position once you're done interacting with it. And you can further reduce the mini player's size if you want to, without losing access to the keyboard shortcuts.

large.png

s.png

Doombringer

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2012
I never really liked Cover Flow, as a practical way of accessing my music. Sure it *looked* cool, but I always preferred either the grid of albums or the list/columns of songs for actually finding and listening to my music.

So, iTunes 11 is great for me. I love the "themed" album look and generally find it easier to find my music, play it, queue it...

Aethon

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
I think it's crap

Here's why:

1. It's buggy and crashes often
  2. When I want to play just the searched items, I can't play all the found songs, but instead have to add them all one at a time to Play Next
  3. It's stupid to have the shrink window leave the standard area where it used to be (the three dots upper left) Instead I have to move my mouse all the way to the other side of the screen.
  4. It's visually bland and functionally clunky

I love apple but this was rushed out and is crap and I would much rather have the old one back. Had I known this was coming, I wouldn't have upgraded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.