Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:20 AM   #26
tkermit
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphonedude2008 View Post
I do not like the new mini player. You got more functionality from the old one in a smaller space.
That's quite a stretch. For the first time ever, the mini player shows you the album art. I can queue up or play any song, playlist, artist or album in my library, can see my upcoming and played songs, remove any of them, rearrange their order or re-add any of them, can see and add Genius suggestions to the play queue for any of the songs I've just played, am about to play or for the song I'm playing at the moment. I can also add any of these songs to a playlist, or directly locate them or their artist or album in my library. And all of that from something that's perfectly unobtrusive and can just be tucked in a screen corner somewhere. Both the search as well as up-next functionality can even be initiated by using the keyboard (⌘F or ⌥⌘U). It even dynamically resizes itself and goes back to its original position once you're done interacting with it. And you can further reduce the mini player's size if you want to, without losing access to the keyboard shortcuts.

Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:28 AM   #27
Chihawk725
macrumors member

Massive improvement. Most excited I have been about any software upgrade in a long time.
Chihawk725 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:38 AM   #28
paulsalter
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to paulsalter Send a message via AIM to paulsalter Send a message via MSN to paulsalter Send a message via Yahoo to paulsalter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihawk725 View Post
Massive improvement. Most excited I have been about any software upgrade in a long time.
In what way?

What does iTunes do now that it didn't in the last version?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 07:12 AM   #29
Doombringer
macrumors regular

I never really liked Cover Flow, as a practical way of accessing my music. Sure it *looked* cool, but I always preferred either the grid of albums or the list/columns of songs for actually finding and listening to my music.

So, iTunes 11 is great for me. I love the "themed" album look and generally find it easier to find my music, play it, queue it...
Doombringer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:20 AM   #30
Ice-Cube
macrumors 6502a

I don't really care how it looks, but managing music in terms of Album Art is harder and that takes the cake.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:13 PM   #31
Aethon
macrumors newbie

I think it's crap

Here's why:
  1. It's buggy and crashes often
  2. When I want to play just the searched items, I can't play all the found songs, but instead have to add them all one at a time to Play Next
  3. It's stupid to have the shrink window leave the standard area where it used to be (the three dots upper left) Instead I have to move my mouse all the way to the other side of the screen.
  4. It's visually bland and functionally clunky

I love apple but this was rushed out and is crap and I would much rather have the old one back. Had I known this was coming, I wouldn't have upgraded.
Aethon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store