Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bgsnmky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Just curious people that are taking their imac places..example..I will be taking full advantage of my one to one sessions at the store and needing to take my imac 27 inch with me!

I looked at ilugger etc. and yes I know it is worth 200.00 for a 3000 dollar machine..but just curious what other carry/wheeled bags people have used.

The store told me they have even seen suitcases with pillows in it etc.

That is better then carrying a 3000 maching across the parking lot etc. I was very nervous.

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
When I've had to take iMacs into the Apple store (including a friend's god-awful heavy enormous iMac) I pack the mac in its original box and strap it to a folding wheely cart with a bungy cord like the attached foto. Wheels and leverage are way better than the invention of sliced bread.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-12-23 at 1.11.46 PM.JPG
    Screen shot 2012-12-23 at 1.11.46 PM.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
We have two iLuggers and we think they are fantastic.

When my daughter was in grad school up in Canada... she would often transport her iMac back and forth using the original box every month or two. It is bulky, tough to handle... and quickly starts falling apart. If you have the "retail box" plus the brown cardboard "shipping box"... then it lasts a bit longer... but it is still bulky and tough to move. I bought her an iLugger and it is so easy to use.

I was so impressed... that I bought a 2nd one for myself... along with a TBD. I often pack it up and take it with us to our beach condo when I decide to "work from home". Using my MBA along with a TBD, kbd, mouse, trackpad is so much more comfortable than using just the laptop. I would have never done this on a regular basis with the original box.

/Jim

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Just curious people that are taking their imac places..example..I will be taking full advantage of my one to one sessions at the store and needing to take my imac 27 inch with me!

I looked at ilugger etc. and yes I know it is worth 200.00 for a 3000 dollar machine..but just curious what other carry/wheeled bags people have used.

The store told me they have even seen suitcases with pillows in it etc.

That is better then carrying a 3000 maching across the parking lot etc. I was very nervous.

I wouldn't buy an iMac to be portable...

Yougotcarved

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
We have two iLuggers and we think they are fantastic.

When my daughter was in grad school up in Canada... she would often transport her iMac back and forth using the original box every month or two. It is bulky, tough to handle... and quickly starts falling apart. If you have the "retail box" plus the brown cardboard "shipping box"... then it lasts a bit longer... but it is still bulky and tough to move. I bought her an iLugger and it is so easy to use.

I was so impressed... that I bought a 2nd one for myself... along with a TBD. I often pack it up and take it with us to our beach condo when I decide to "work from home". Using my MBA along with a TBD, kbd, mouse, trackpad is so much more comfortable than using just the laptop. I would have never done this on a regular basis with the original box.

/Jim

Are the iLuggers compatible with the 2012 imacs? Cant see anything on their website...

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Do you have the box? It has a handle.

I use the box, it is handy and as someone else has said a small wheeled luggage carrier if needed.

If I am traveling and taking it with me, it goes in a huge Pelican Case that has built in wheels and handle.

bgsnmky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Well the packing up back in the box is not a good idea for me! I couldn't easily get it in there.

So deciding between ilugger and the following:

wheelsaway.com

I actually like the wheelsaway.com better, but it is almost 150.00 more with shipping.

So I ready a review on amazon for ilugger.com and it was bad saying hte 27 inch was hard to get in with one person etc.

Just curious for anyone that has an ilugger....if you turn it upside (like their video shows) so that the monitor is what is holding it up...does the bag have a bottom that has cushion and something hard so it is NOT really putting everything on the monitors edge.

(the video on ilugger is really old and I tried to search to find a recent one and could not). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF_l7mLLXWs&feature=player_embedded

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.