Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
If the Mini 2 ends up being heavier/hotter than the mini, like the 3 compared to the 2, I ain't getting it. Retina ain't worth it.

This. I still have my iPad 2 because I find the 3 and 4 unacceptably hot. The hits to weight and thickness don't help either, but it's the heat that really kills me.

Lunchb0x8

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Quirindi, NSW, AU
I am an IT Professional / Amateur photographer, I love the mini, beats carrying around the full-size iPad for a few more PPI.

I like the full size ipad, but given how packed my bag is with other gadgets, I tend to want to limit weight where I can.

Don't like the mini, don't buy it, or refund. But don't try and take away from other people's enjoyment of their device.

Your opinion is allowed, but you don't have to bang on about something that has already been said a million times.

Instead of quoting the OPs post and saying +1 or I agree, vote their post up, we don't need to skim over 300 posts of +1 just to get to content.

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Yes. Total fail. The mini is selling like hotcakes cause its a total fail. Epic sadness. Yes. The mini mini is a total flop. All the people who own one are suffering epic sadness.

:rolleyes:

I hate troll BS, but I would encourage anyone to casually try to find a 16 or 32 gig mini right now. It is a substantial amount of effort. Regular iPads are everywhere. I think the mini is the future of this platform, at least until Apple can get the weight and thickness of the regular iPads down to where they're comfortable to use for long periods of time.

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
This. I still have my iPad 2 because I find the 3 and 4 unacceptably hot. The hits to weight and thickness don't help either, but it's the heat that really kills me.

I may not ever own a "full sized" iPad again. After using the mini, I don't like the feel of the iPad 2 we still have in the home. Added with the fact that the 3 and 4 are slightly (very slight but still) heavier than the 2 is a big turn off. Some people are replacing laptops though. That is the only way I believe a full sized iPad can be justified after the mini has retina.

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
And the mini is probably neck and neck with the nexus 7 for tablet of the year honors for 2012.

Honestly, I think the iPad 3 is the tablet of the year. Considering how advanced it was at it's release it deserves it.

The iPad mini is not an engineering marvel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.