Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:22 AM   #26
BHP41
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by terroralpha View Post
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88L04J20120922

You have to be EXTREMELY dense to believe that iPhones cost the same to subsidize as other devices. A person needs to look no further then the cost of unlocked iPhones on amazon compared to competing unlocked devices to deduce that iPhone is indeed more expensive than any other device.
I should have been clearer, I was referring to iPhones. A couple of them said that they offered them the 4S. Yes, iPhones cost more than the other phones for the carriers.

How about reading/replying to my whole statement next time. If you go back and read I said they where pushing the Samsung phones because they probably have a huge amount if inventory. I also said that the iPhone 5 was the biggest seller in the last quarter(by a huge percentage BTW) so why would they offer it. It's all about getting the right rep on th phone. You can get the newest iphone on an early upgrade. It's been noted on this forum before. If you're going to get your feelings hurt every time someone mentions those cheap crap phones that you pay $300 for an an hardly get that back on Craigslist 4 months later. Thm maybe you should stay out of the iPhone section.
BHP41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:18 AM   #27
thehustleman
macrumors 65816

The droid DNA costs more of a subsidy than the iphone 5 at 719.

Why don't the carriers just raise the upfront cost of iphones to something profitable?

History shows people are already willing to pay more for a product that does less just because of the Apple logo
thehustleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone