Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
My Apple TV3, bought from Australia, currently in India about 3 months back.
It crashes every time I connect it to TV. I need to do a full restore to get it back working. Also, many time doing the restore I get 1611 and error 9.

Anyone who can give me clues, i just don't know where to start looking for problems. Apple Tv, HDMI Cable, software restore, TV, etc ??

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
My Apple TV3, bought from Australia, currently in India about 3 months back.
It crashes every time I connect it to TV. I need to do a full restore to get it back working. Also, many time doing the restore I get 1611 and error 9.

Anyone who can give me clues, i just don't know where to start looking for problems. Apple Tv, HDMI Cable, software restore, TV, etc ??

Does it still crash after a restore, this is not clear.

If it is the HDMI it would be simple to just try another Cable.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Yes..it does crash..

Process is;

I restore to latest firmware -> connect to tv, see for some time -> Apple TV sleeps -> when i wake up/restart, its crashed.

it displays apple logo over and over again.

The only way to recover from this is another restore to latest firmware.

I tried with 2 HDMI cables. Any specifications of type of cable to be attached between apple tv and tv ??

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Yes..it does crash..

Process is;

I restore to latest firmware -> connect to tv, see for some time -> Apple TV sleeps -> when i wake up/restart, its crashed.

it displays apple logo over and over again.

The only way to recover from this is another restore to latest firmware.

I tried with 2 HDMI cables. Any specifications of type of cable to be attached between apple tv and tv ??

Just try the other HDMI, no one can tell you right now.
Or, is it your TV which makes the AppleTV crash, just a hunch, unlikely though.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Okay will try with a new HDMI;

I thought so as well that TV could be a problem. My LCD TV is old, about 4 years old.

Thanks for the inputs ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.