Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidjacobs21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
I convinced my mom to get a macbook air this weekend, but she is having hard time reading the text in safari. She is used to a bigger computer that has larger text. is there anyway to increase the font in safari

Nov 28, 2010
located
CMD++ enlarges the entire page and Safari > Preferences > Advanced has an option to set the minimum font size.

MR2ss_2013_09_05_pC1_SafariPreferencesMinimumFontSize.png

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
I convinced my mom to get a macbook air this weekend, but she is having hard time reading the text in safari. She is used to a bigger computer that has larger text. is there anyway to increase the font in safari

Under safari -> preferences -> advanced I usually set the font size to minimum 14. Much more comfortable to read.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
Teach her about the double tap to zoom features if you haven't already. I myself love that gesture in particular.

Daniva

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2013
Italy
Set default zoom in Safari

You can set a default zoom level for Safari. In this way you don't have to hit Cmd+ (or Cmd-) every time you start Safari

1) Open Textedit app, go to menu Format and select Make Plain Text

2) Copy and paste in the following:

body {
zoom: 130%;
}

You may change 130 to whatever number suits you

3) Save the file with .css extension (for example Safarizoom.css) in Library > Safari folder

4) In Safari, go to Preferences > Advanced. Under style sheet, select Other... and point to the file you created

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.