Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:35 AM   #76
uptownnyc
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinEderPlayz View Post
I replaced it at Apple 2 times already, no luck. Third time is waiting, UPS is upcoming today, and if I have no luck with that one, they might offer an upgrade
When you say you replaced it - was it under warranty, or the Apple rep just decided to give you a new device beyond its warranty? I tried once at the Genius Bar, but the rep wouldn't replace mind since it was beyond its warranty.
uptownnyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:03 PM   #77
MinEderPlayz
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptownnyc View Post
When you say you replaced it - was it under warranty, or the Apple rep just decided to give you a new device beyond its warranty? I tried once at the Genius Bar, but the rep wouldn't replace mind since it was beyond its warranty.
Well, I intentionally wanted to replace it within the 1-year German standard warranty... But I didn't want to be without iPad for so long back when I didn't have a MacBook Air.
So I bought AppleCare the day my warranty expired. And now I gave away the 2nd replacement device to get my third - and then, hopefully, an upgrade
Old Apr 14, 2014, 07:07 PM   #78
scrngrb
macrumors newbie

I just found this thread via a Google query after noticing what appeared to be some sort of ghost image/burn-in (while using Google Chrome) on my iPad 2. While I was reading through, I decided to reboot my iPad and check to see if that helped. To my surprise, it cleared up the issue for me. Maybe it's some sort of video memory issue?
scrngrb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2014, 07:14 PM   #79
Rodster
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrngrb View Post
I just found this thread via a Google query after noticing what appeared to be some sort of ghost image/burn-in (while using Google Chrome) on my iPad 2. While I was reading through, I decided to reboot my iPad and check to see if that helped. To my surprise, it cleared up the issue for me. Maybe it's some sort of video memory issue?
Image retention on certain panels are prevalent. I have IR on both my Kindle Fire HD's and they go away within 60 secs on average when the brightness level is typically jacked up to around 75%.
Rodster is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad