Google Working on Subscription-Based Streaming Music Service - Page 5 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:27 AM   #101
samcraig
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversl View Post
Music streaming service from Google? Where will the ads go?
Love your sarcasm.

As if they couldn't have that in an app or on the web.

As if all the other streaming services (pandora, etc) don't have audio/visual ads with their services.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alent1234 View Post
google's best days are behind it as well

driverless cars? OK. one of those stupid geek dreams where they think its a logical thing for people to give up control of a vehicle that won't work in the real world
Uh oh - better tell Japan!

Japan eyes driverless cars by early 2020s
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...y-early-2020s/
samcraig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:53 AM   #102
lwapps
macrumors regular

People would definitely pay for a service that competed with spotify.
lwapps is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:19 AM   #103
jasvncnt
macrumors 6502

I see some people commenting on why has nothing else been done with email..calendar...but no one is explaining what more they would actually like to see done?
Why are people saying Apple had this first..Google is copying..blah blah blah..Do you not like to have options? Or is it hard for you to hear that someone other then Apple may have a good or better product?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepower7 View Post
I'm waiting for some good Google innovation ( hate that word ).

The Glasses and Pixel are interesting but what about innovation in their core competencies?

Why haven't they revolutionized email or calendars?

Why are these products basically the same as they were 15 years ago?

That new iOS Mailbox app looks great, why isn't Google inventing things like that?
So you want innovation but Pixel and Glasses are only interesting?? But what you really want to see is "innovation" in gmail?
jasvncnt is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:55 AM   #104
oliversl
macrumors 6502a

Well, is not sarcasm, Google make 97% of the money form ads. "Ads" is not a dirty word in Google, maybe you think "ads" is a dirty word, but for Google it is really normal and indeed they always look how to sell more ads, its called a company BTW.

My question remains, where goes the ads? I think it would be a web streaming service with ads on the web page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcraig View Post
Love your sarcasm.

As if they couldn't have that in an app or on the web.

As if all the other streaming services (pandora, etc) don't have audio/visual ads with their services.

----------

Uh oh - better tell Japan!

Japan eyes driverless cars by early 2020s
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...y-early-2020s/
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:41 AM   #105
samcraig
macrumors G5

I don't think ads are a dirty word at all. I apologize if I read your post as sarcasm based on several responses on this forum when it comes to Google and other Apple competitors.

Read the rest of my responses. There are several ways to inject advertising into a streaming solution. It's already being done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversl View Post
Well, is not sarcasm, Google make 97% of the money form ads. "Ads" is not a dirty word in Google, maybe you think "ads" is a dirty word, but for Google it is really normal and indeed they always look how to sell more ads, its called a company BTW.

My question remains, where goes the ads? I think it would be a web streaming service with ads on the web page.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:10 AM   #106
ifonlyihad1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
In before someone tries to say that Google is just copying Apple.

Note that they obviously can't be copying Apple (yet) because Apple hasn't actually released any such service. Were Google to roll out such a service, it would, however, be appropriate to say that they're copying others, such as Spotify, or Pandora (it's hard to say without knowing exactly what flavor of music streaming service Google wants to go with.)
Oops, lol, to late.. the fanboys are already hitting it.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:11 AM   #107
spacepower7
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvncnt View Post
I see some people commenting on why has nothing else been done with email..calendar...but no one is explaining what more they would actually like to see done?
Why are people saying Apple had this first..Google is copying..blah blah blah..Do you not like to have options? Or is it hard for you to hear that someone other then Apple may have a good or better product?

----------

So you want innovation but Pixel and Glasses are only interesting?? But what you really want to see is "innovation" in gmail?
I'm not saying Apple had anything first.

I'm asking why email is still the same. Google's main products are search (which is great and changing behind the scenes all the time), Gmail ( which basically hasn't change in a decade), and Maps (which has change some, but doesn't need change yet).

I want the way we email/communicate to change. Gmail is the same as email was 20 years ago but with a few add-ons.

Just step back and think about how much better email could be better? Instead of using of using a 20+ year old model.

Changing email, the way people communicate, is innovation.

Last edited by spacepower7; Feb 27, 2013 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Spelling
spacepower7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:47 AM   #108
jasvncnt
macrumors 6502

Quote:

I'm asking why email is still the same. Google's main products are search (which is great and changing behind the scenes all the time), Gmail ( which basically hasn't change in a decade), and Maps (which has change some, but doesn't need change yet).

I want the way we email/communicate to change. Gmail is the same as email was 20 years ago but with a few add-ons.

Just step back and think about how much better email could be better? Instead of using of using a 20+ year old model.

Your still not saying HOW you would like it to change. What would you like to see different?
jasvncnt is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:14 AM   #109
samcraig
macrumors G5

Quote:

I completely disagree. Gmail operates much differently that email did 20 years ago. Perhaps you're speaking in hyperbole. But if you really believe that email is the same experience it was 20 years ago - you weren't using email 20 years ago.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:13 AM   #110
spacepower7
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvncnt View Post
Your still not saying HOW you would like it to change. What would you like to see different?
I have my own ideas, why should I disclose them for free?

I bet Google has their own ideas, they just haven't implemented yet?

How would you like email to be improved? It does what it does but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.

Why can't I have an app/website the integrates my email, calander, and todo/checklist better than Outlook or using 3 Apple apps?

I'm just saying that there is a lot of room for improvement. Things you and I haven't even thought about yet. That is innovation.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:30 AM   #111
spacepower7
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I completely disagree. Gmail operates much differently that email did 20 years ago. Perhaps you're speaking in hyperbole. But if you really believe that email is the same experience it was 20 years ago - you weren't using email 20 years ago.
Gmail is POP3/IMAP4 with some customized, non-standard, non open source add-ons.

That's tech from the 1990s.

Webmail to an IMAP4 infrastructure existed before Google existed and way before Gmail.

I used telnet/pine back in the day.

What has Google improved in email? The interface? The infrastructure? The protocols?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 08:49 AM   #112
oliversl
macrumors 6502a

You only mention Pandora. No need to apologize, unless you are using sarcasm. I don't remember all my post, but sure I use sarcasm regarding Google, they are not evil you know?

Quote:
I don't think ads are a dirty word at all. I apologize if I read your post as sarcasm based on several responses on this forum when it comes to Google and other Apple competitors.

Read the rest of my responses. There are several ways to inject advertising into a streaming solution. It's already being done.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion