Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:57 AM   #1
jackgbanks
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 slow to gain signal

Hi all,

I've got a little problem with my iPhone 5 and wondered if you lovely chaps and chapesses could shed any light on it.

Basically, whenever I got out of range of signal or I go inside and lose it, it takes a long time to regain this signal when I go outside. I realise that sounds confusing, but what I have to do if I want to regain the signal quickly is turn Airplane Mode on and then off again. This way my signal comes back instantly, whereas otherwise it can take 5-10 minutes.

I've got an iPhone 5 16gb on Orange UK.

I was wondering if any of you have had this problem or if you've heard of similar issues.

Thanks guys.
jackgbanks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:15 AM   #2
frankdg
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackgbanks View Post
Hi all,

I've got a little problem with my iPhone 5 and wondered if you lovely chaps and chapesses could shed any light on it.

Basically, whenever I got out of range of signal or I go inside and lose it, it takes a long time to regain this signal when I go outside. I realise that sounds confusing, but what I have to do if I want to regain the signal quickly is turn Airplane Mode on and then off again. This way my signal comes back instantly, whereas otherwise it can take 5-10 minutes.

I've got an iPhone 5 16gb on Orange UK.

I was wondering if any of you have had this problem or if you've heard of similar issues.

Thanks guys.
I'm having similar issues with my white iPhone 5 64 GB (with new nanosim) on the Proximus network in Belgium.

I seem to have issues mostly when I drive my car, thus going from celltower to celltower. I often cannot call or be called. I previously owned a 3GS(regular sim) without problems in the same area and with the same provider.

I'm contacting my provider today and will keep you posted if I have news of interest to you.
frankdg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:00 AM   #3
Popsie
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdg View Post
I'm having similar issues with my white iPhone 5 64 GB (with new nanosim) on the Proximus network in Belgium.

I seem to have issues mostly when I drive my car, thus going from celltower to celltower. I often cannot call or be called. I previously owned a 3GS(regular sim) without problems in the same area and with the same provider.

I'm contacting my provider today and will keep you posted if I have news of interest to you.
Got the same problem (Belgium/Proximus too).
In the car and when i restart the phone it takes long (30 sec) that the phone is showing "no service" before the provider comes up.

Keep us posted.
Popsie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:08 AM   #4
hardax
macrumors regular

That has been a problem on every iPhone I have ever owned. Both At&t and Verizon.
hardax is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone